SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girlfriend got a job at a big dodge dealership about a week ago so I got her to ask around and found out some things for sure that some may not know.
Looking at about 808 HP
Not AWD
MSRP around $80,000 USD
They are not making many. 1 PER DEALERSHIP. First come first serve basis. Employees will have the upper hand if they can afford it. They will notify you if that dealership already has an order placed and you try to buy one.
Most already know about the crate you get and weight reduction.
Also heard your name will be stamped on the car(kind of like with the LaFerrari) not sure if it will be on the steering wheel. I think it's on a plaque in the engine bay.

As of right now I will have the order in first at that dealership as if have the upper hand with having someone that works there.

I do have a question though on what everyone thinks the resale value will be and how much they will go up in price due to how limited they are. There's about 2,390 dodge dealerships in the US.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Giving this purchase very serious consideration. Was at dealership this afternoon and have very good relationship with owner and GM. Still want more details before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
139 Posts
Stopped by my closest Dodge dealership and they have no one that has asked them about the Demon, I offered them money for deposit, but the sales manager was out sick today, he is suppose to call tomorrow

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
35 Posts
It does eventually get to the point where anything can be fabricated for the right price.

I think the price difference between the widebody cat and the demon will likely be the key factor in the end.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,343 Posts
So u might want to do ur research here. There are 23,518 separate threads on this already. Now 23,519.
No AWD is common knowledge by now, the numbered plaque will be on the dash, the crate will also have a numbered plaque which will include the owners name, limited production is well known, hp numbers havent been released (even to the dealers) so the 808 is pure speculation by a Dodge sales guy who is taking a stab at it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,671 Posts
Yj
So u might want to do ur research here. There are 23,518 separate threads on this already. Now 23,519.
No AWD is common knowledge by now, the numbered plaque will be on the dash, the crate will also have a numbered plaque which will include the owners name, limited production is well known, hp numbers havent been released (even to the dealers) so the 808 is pure speculation by a Dodge sales guy who is taking a stab at it.
There's speculation and educated guessing. With what FCA has given us so far, it's all speculation IMO. With 23k+ posts I think FCA can say mission accomplished marketing wise. I rather enjoy putting all the little pieces together. Entertaining as hell. So far I'm leaning to no more than 850hp. My educated guess/speculation.

·
NYS President
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,004 Posts
What is the better question is how many years are they going to make it?

Poor mans demon thread may soon fallow!

I am all in on my hellcat and can get the extra horsepower cheaper!!!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
7,990 Posts
808... Naw.. I'll pulley and tune my hellcat and keep my 20" wheels if that's the deal. Next, write my name on the block with a sharpie.
And my BIG Brembos, and the ability to turn left and right, and all my seats, I'll mount my own 11" wheels with big sticky rubber, and save a boatload of cash! Damn that Hellcat still is in the color I always wanted inside too.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
165 Posts
Girlfriend got a job at a big dodge dealership about a week ago so I got her to ask around and found out some things for sure that some may not know.
Looking at about 808 HP
Not AWD
MSRP around $80,000 USD
They are not making many. 1 PER DEALERSHIP. First come first serve basis. Employees will have the upper hand if they can afford it. They will notify you if that dealership already has an order placed and you try to buy one.
Most already know about the crate you get and weight reduction.
Also heard your name will be stamped on the car(kind of like with the LaFerrari) not sure if it will be on the steering wheel. I think it's on a plaque in the engine bay.

As of right now I will have the order in first at that dealership as if have the upper hand with having someone that works there.

I do have a question though on what everyone thinks the resale value will be and how much they will go up in price due to how limited they are. There's about 2,390 dodge dealerships in the US.
Just gotta make it through 2.5 years of my 3 year lease. Of course, if they let me get out of it early without too much of a hit, I may do so for the Demon :)

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,532 Posts
I'll keep my Cat and upgrade the cooling / AC system & electronics package to meet the Demon's - if the cost is reasonable.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,101 Posts
I always thought limited production would be like 2 or 300 not thousands. One per dealer =2900+. I'm willing to bet they will produce as many as they can sell.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,268 Posts
The only interest I personally have, is the wide body option for the Hellcat. If I remember correctly, you get the wide body and the wide wheels/tires in that package. I would strongly consider adding this type of kit to my current Hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,343 Posts
Only one per dealership? What about all these guys leaving deposits to be 3rd in line for a car not yet in production?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dont forget the source. A guy at a dealer who prob knows just about what we know. Not much.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Meh...

I know I'm biased with my hellcat...but everything I've seen does not have me rushing to the dealer to put a deposit on a demon.

I don't like the hood. The hellcat hood looks better (my opinion)
I don't like the wide-body kit (my opinion)
More horsepower? I can barely put to use the 700+ the hellcat has on these dam overcrowded Southern California roads (fact)

I hope Dodge proves me wrong, but I see the demon as that Instagram model that looks amazing with all the app filters applied. But in person they look and sound just as flawed as everybody else...

#notmydodgehalocar

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,134 Posts
I always thought limited production would be like 2 or 300 not thousands. One per dealer =2900+. I'm willing to bet they will produce as many as they can sell.
Agreed. Maybe not this first year but they will pump whatever they can sell the next year. Who knows maybe 10k off MSRP in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
849 Posts
I remember cringing just last year at LIberty Walk Challengers on Youtube with their tacked on fender flares. I also remember as a child, in the mid 70s when used muscle cars were being modified with JC Whitney parts that looked like cheesy add-ons. I guess it depends on the person, but that look is not for me. I like classic clean simple lines, and I think the Hellcat is simply 'perfect'. . In my case I would need to sell a car to make room in my garage for a Demon. I could not bring myself to sell my Hellcat. It's flawless mechanically and never had anything go wrong. Plus after being tortured by about 20 dealers. I found it out of state by dumb luck exactly optioned and in the color I wanted (b5). There was no haggling during this time of crazy dealer mark-ups (early 2015). I saw it on the Dodge website, called and the salesman took a credit card deposit and we were done in minutes. It was almost surreal and even occurred on my birthday, as if it was meant to be. I don't have that 'must own a Hellcat frenzy' I had, towards the new Demon.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,002 Posts
Looking at about 808 HP
Not AWD
MSRP around $80,000 USD
They are not making many. 1 PER DEALERSHIP. First come first serve basis. Employees will have the upper hand if they can afford it. * * *
Not sure what you mean by "Employees will have the upper hand if ***"

Are you saying FCA employees/families will be able to buy the Demon at EP Pricing? Roughly, EP pricing can be anywhere from $3K-$6K below MSRP, excluding other rebates or incentives. Could be more on the Demon.

It wasn't until September of 2016 that FCA authorized dealers to allow EP pricing on Hellcats. I bought my HC Challenger in July '16. My dealer, who is also the owner of the small dealership, gave me a good below-MSRP deal on it, which was helped by good value on a trade-in vehicle.

But he also showed me the "build sheet/dealer order form" which had a line on it indicating what my EP pricing (or discount) would've been if FCA had allowed it back then. On my build, that pricing would've save me $5500 off MSRP, not including the "credit" value for my trade-in vehicle.

Just FYI ... :cool:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
842 Posts
Yup, until it's released, we all have to suffer without the Demon. I don't know how I'll be able to get by with only a mere 707 hp Hellcat! It'll be rough, but I hope I survive.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts