SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently did some upgrades on my charger
2.75 upper
185 Thermostat
E85
JMS BAP
1050 injectors
Tune
Pin the crank
Both Catch cans
796whp on 91
E85 dont know the HP
Still waiting the tune on E85 from HP tuners. Has anyone had any issues with them shipping wrong proper Unlocked ECM as well on providing proper tune with no issues on E85? they have consistently telling my shop that they need the engineers to fix some bugs every time they give him the "updated" tune, its really frustrating this was 3 months in the making and with short supply on parts 馃槙.
Please anyone knows a tuner that can do a safe tune on 91 and E85 flex fuel with good TCM tune? Would greatly appreciate it.

Registered
What鈥檚 your altitude? 2.75 upper on 91 octane fuel 796 wheel a pretty hot tune. 796 wheel on 91 can鈥檛 be too high of an altitude, you splashing that fuel with octane booster? I agree with parttimer, didn鈥檛 know HP T is shipping PCM鈥檚 with canned tunes, especially ones that hot. Should be able to write the E85 tune on the same PCM your 91 tune is on?

HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I think we are all confused.

Reactions: 2fast4u

Premium Member
Recently did some upgrades on my charger
2.75 upper
185 Thermostat
E85
JMS BAP
1050 injectors
Tune
Pin the crank
Both Catch cans
796whp on 91
E85 dont know the HP
Still waiting the tune on E85 from HP tuners. Has anyone had any issues with them shipping wrong proper Unlocked ECM as well on providing proper tune with no issues on E85? they have consistently telling my shop that they need the engineers to fix some bugs every time they give him the "updated" tune, its really frustrating this was 3 months in the making and with short supply on parts 馃槙.
Please anyone knows a tuner that can do a safe tune on 91 and E85 flex fuel with good TCM tune? Would greatly appreciate it.
HP Tuners does not ship tunes AFAIK. The only services they offer are unlocking. When you purchase an unlocked PCM they will request aread from your stock PCM to flash onto the new PCM before shipping.

For the GPEC2 controllers they do offer an E85 patch but that is not a tune. You mention 鈥渟hop鈥 and then request a 鈥渢uner鈥 that can do a safe tune. IMO your shop should be providing the tune.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest guys im confused as well! He has been pulling my leg with bunch of excuses, i know he is extremely busy and he know whats he doing its just has been stretching this for the past 3+ months.
I live in San Diego at sea level here.
Car is sucking gas like no tomorrow 10-11mpg, once in a while WOT, but usually chill driving.
I requested to purchased an unlocked one from HP, he claims there is an issue with the patch to load the E85 tune so they need to engineer it to allow the E85 flex tune. (not sure if its true)
On top of that the current tune i have is not consistent idk, the car sometimes just feels like its from hell and feels really fast and awesome run on 14-15psi, sometimes it feels sluggish and not as fast like almost stock just slightly faster then stock, the transmission doesn't shift down until half throttle, so im just asking if anyone knows someone in San diego or anywhere that can do the tune and has done it before for hellcats.

HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
To be honest guys im confused as well! He has been pulling my leg with bunch of excuses, i know he is extremely busy and he know whats he doing its just has been stretching this for the past 3+ months.
I live in San Diego at sea level here.
Car is sucking gas like no tomorrow 10-11mpg, once in a while WOT, but usually chill driving.
I requested to purchased an unlocked one from HP, he claims there is an issue with the patch to load the E85 tune so they need to engineer it to allow the E85 flex tune. (not sure if its true)
On top of that the current tune i have is not consistent idk, the car sometimes just feels like its from hell and feels really fast and awesome run on 14-15psi, sometimes it feels sluggish and not as fast like almost stock just slightly faster then stock, the transmission doesn't shift down until half throttle, so im just asking if anyone knows someone in San diego or anywhere that can do the tune and has done it before for hellcats.
Online tunes have come along way. You need to purchase an MPVi2 and a tuning package. Check out OST Dyno in Prospect PA.

Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
With a car at this level you need someone to tune the vehicle that knows what they are doing.

hptuners is a company that makes tuning software and hardware. They are amazing andproduce great stuff.

tuners who use the products can be another story. Some great some not great. It鈥檚 like who makes the hammer or screwdriver vs who you contract to use it to build your house. Sounds like your tuned is hammering in screws.

Hit up Jack at HPLOGIC in Florida and he can help get you right. He is the best and it鈥檚 best if you can get there to get on his mustang dyno but he helps out with remote tuning as well. He is in west palm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.