SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using a 3d machine to create the larger 3" hellcat logos? I hate the smaller ones on my 15 but feel like $100 for new ones is a bit steep! Considering of getting a 3d machine anyways so figured it ask!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I bought new fender emblems for my '20 when the Xpel was installed and I paid $28 each for OEM emblems. Whole lot cheaper and much easier than a 3D printer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,028 Posts
I had these made after I designed them myself. Don't ask how much. Lol. I never even put them on the car. My hand is touching the car. They're a bit bigger.

20180420_155553.jpg

Reactions: DocSpook

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
353 Posts
Thanks. Appreciate the link!
If that was to me, You're Welcome. If not, then Please disregard this post. :D

I hope that it helped.

I had these made after I designed them myself. Don't ask how much. Lol. I never even put them on the car. My hand is touching the car. They're a bit bigger.

View attachment 571123
Those are nice. Were whey cut on with a waterjet machine or something like that because of the detail in them. They did a Great job.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
353 Posts
I do, but it's not quite finished yet. It will cut aluminum up to 4ftx4ftx12in when it's finished.

Mine cost about 25K, so I think maybe the 100 dollars isn't too bad of a price for a 1 off part.

For the curious here is Karl cutting his own parts
I'd say that $100 is darned cheap for it being but on a CNC machine out of billet stock. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty cheap and think that's a steal for what goes into making it.

Thanks for sharing that. (y)

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
152 Posts
Give these a shout. He can make anything that you want as far as badges and emblems. I got an SRT badge for the fuel door and it was like the factory made it. It's worth a try and the worst that can happen is that he can't make it.

Rebadge Designs.............
Do you mind posting a picture of that?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
353 Posts
Do you mind posting a picture of that?
Sure, no problem.

I Apologize for the pictures because it was tough lighting in the garage (and the fact that I'm not very good at taking pictures doesn't help either). It's Very bright and the light kind of wanted to bounce off of the badge. He can make pretty much anything that you want and has made some pretty cool fuel door badges for our cars.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
152 Posts
Sure, no problem.

I Apologize for the pictures because it was tough lighting in the garage (and the fact that I'm not very good at taking pictures doesn't help either). It's Very bright and the light kind of wanted to bounce off of the badge. He can make pretty much anything that you want and has made some pretty cool fuel door badges for our cars.

View attachment 571184

View attachment 571185
Thanks! I’m reaching out to them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,028 Posts
If that was to me, You're Welcome. If not, then Please disregard this post. :D

I hope that it helped.

Those are nice. Were whey cut on with a waterjet machine or something like that because of the detail in them. They did a Great job.
Ya, but my wife refused to help me learn how to use her pen and pad thing for the computer so that was all track pad on my macbook, and you can see the imperfections. I love the emblems dodge has come out, but like other threads where I ask "why a track hawk? Why not a HELLHAWK?" that would be way cooler. So I wanted them to look a bit more aggressive so I made those and drew up a "hellram" and one other.

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
353 Posts
Thanks! I’m reaching out to them.
You're Welcome. I think that you'll be Happy because he does good work at a fair price.

Ya, but my wife refused to help me learn how to use her pen and pad thing for the computer so that was all track pad on my macbook, and you can see the imperfections. I love the emblems dodge has come out, but like other threads where I ask "why a track hawk? Why not a HELLHAWK?" that would be way cooler. So I wanted them to look a bit more aggressive so I made those and drew up a "hellram" and one other.
They're not perfect but they are Very Nice and the fact that you've got a Custom made piece that is different is Really Cool!

I think that you've done a Great job on them, especially designing it from a trackpad on your Macbook. (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts