SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called about an extended warranty for my 2017 HellCat. Its roughly $3,065 to add another 5 years on. I have no mods and plan on keeping it stock. Is it worth the money?
1593539297002.png

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
319 Posts
It was to me. But, I drive my car - it's not a garage queen.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
529 Posts
If it includes the whole car, bumper to bumper & top to bottom including the engine and drive train, except wear/tear items, then yes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did you just call that number on the flyer? Is this a warranty from Mopar or a 3rd party?

I'm the 2nd owner of my Hellcat but it is still under 5yr/60k warranty and I plan on keeping mine stock for quite some time, so I'm interested as well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the trigger and bought it since it wasn't a third party warranty. It can only be used at FCA dealership and begins when the factory warranty ends. It can be cancelled for a 100% refund in the first 60 days. After that, the refund is prorated. It covers engine, blower, transmission and all electronic and even provides for up to $600 in key fobs. It also features 24 hour roadside assistance, rental car and up to $1000 in trip interruption. I purchased it from a young lady named Heidi. If any of you are interested, she can be reached by phone at (517) 759-1194 and by email at [email protected]. She said to use the code "GOOD" to get the maximum discount available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, as a new HC owner as of 2weeks ago, I immediately did the same thing having had the MoPar Max Care on my past 3 new vehicles. However, FCA has changed the rules on their warranties so I went with Fidelity instead with recommendation of my service manager. I got bumper-bumper for 10yrs/100k for $4.3k. Chrysler would only do the drivetrain, was only for 5 years, and was over a grand more. Also, Fidelity is honored at many, if not most, repair shops including speed shops. Just my own findings and opinion. I have not had to use the warranty yet and am going strictly from my CJDR service advisor.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Why not wait until the factory warranty ran out first?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, the warranty will only apply once the factory warranty has run out. It is far more expensive to purchase an extended warranty after the factory runs out like life insurance. Also, the warranty coverage could become more limited, no more bumper-bumper.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
903 Posts
Yeah that’s what I reckon too is that it’s cheaper to buy the warranty sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
155 Posts
I called about an extended warranty for my 2017 HellCat. Its roughly $3,065 to add another 5 years on. I have no mods and plan on keeping it stock. Is it worth the money? View attachment 557082
Worth it to me. I got the Mopar extended warranty coverage for my 2016 HC. I too am staying stock and want the piece of mind, as this powertrain is costly if something catastrophic happens.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,009 Posts
So, as a new HC owner as of 2weeks ago, I immediately did the same thing having had the MoPar Max Care on my past 3 new vehicles. However, FCA has changed the rules on their warranties so I went with Fidelity instead with recommendation of my service manager. I got bumper-bumper for 10yrs/100k for $4.3k. Chrysler would only do the drivetrain, was only for 5 years, and was over a grand more. Also, Fidelity is honored at many, if not most, repair shops including speed shops. Just my own findings and opinion. I have not had to use the warranty yet and am going strictly from my CJDR service advisor.
I haven't looked them up but can I get a Warr. from Fidelity on my 15 Cat? Right now I have the FCA that I bought with the car, but that runs out in 2 years. I like the bumper-bumper up to 100k.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what my service advisor said. He’s actually the one that sold me the warranty and lined it all up b/c Chrysler has been reneging on some of their stuff. Again, this is what’s been told to me by my Dodge dealer. My last Max Care package was suppossed to be transferable for $50 up to a month or two ago on my Jeep. Now it’s not. As of 2018, MoPar no longer offers the lifetime MaxCare package either. Just info from my research.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
22 Posts
Pretty sure the warranty starts at the moment the car was originally bought. So if you bought it in 2017 and it originally has five year warranty then from the day you buy third party is left in remaining years. Your not going to receive another full five years on top of manufacturers warranty.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
903 Posts
Just want to make sure people know that your not going to get five more years after the five original manufactures warranty runs out. Can be confusing for some.
yeah people just need to look at it like it’s from the year they purchase their car... so 5 years is essentially 2 extra years over bumper to bumper and power train is 5 years anyhow... so have to pay attention

·
Registered
101 Posts
My dealership talked me into an extended warranty created by themselves (the dealership). I told them I didn't want some 3 am infomercial third party garbage. They assured me it was their own warranty.........after I got the paperwork it had some other company's name all over it. Third party garbage. They gave me the same schpeil..,...."dodge doesn't cover this and that but this warranty does". It's garbage. Dodge covers exactly what dodge states. The reason they try to sell buyers that third party crap is because the profit margins are much higher on them for the dealership. I'm sure many people have had good luck with them, but I wouldn't use them for toilet paper. FCA backed extended warranty for me or nothing at all. I'm not trusting my car to billybobs gun, pawn liquor, daycare, and mechanic shop. No thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts