SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still experiencing issues with my car ( I think ) car just doesn’t seem to have pop . Custom setting - sport trans , sport steering - street everything else . Just went for a romp and I can’t break the tires loose from a dig .. that can’t be ? Anyhow , I was wondering if another hellcat owner could meet up at some point and see what they think ? Going to the dealer over and over has become maddening .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Still experiencing issues with my car ( I think ) car just doesn’t seem to have pop . Custom setting - sport trans , sport steering - street everything else . Just went for a romp and I can’t break the tires loose from a dig .. that can’t be ? Anyhow , I was wondering if another hellcat owner could meet up at some point and see what they think ? Going to the dealer over and over has become maddening .
where are you in So Cal--that's a wide section..

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
787 Posts
Yes to all , 1600 miles
Stock PZero Tires? Can you bring up the performance pages and have the screen that has your TQ/HP dial on and have a passenger eye or camera on it when you're doing a pull? Should read close to 700 but not quite 717.

How does the shifting feel? Aggressive and snappy or delayed and sluggish? Might be something small and stupid, and I am rather sure they do a dyno/break in phase at the plant before the car even reaches the customer (could be wrong, double check me) so I think they would've known if it was down power before you even got it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock PZero Tires? Can you bring up the performance pages and have the screen that has your TQ/HP dial on and have a passenger eye or camera on it when you're doing a pull? Should read close to 700 but not quite 717.

How does the shifting feel? Aggressive and snappy or delayed and sluggish? Might be something small and stupid, and I am rather sure they do a dyno/break in phase at the plant before the car even reaches the customer (could be wrong, double check me) so I think they would've known if it was down power before you even got it.
Shifting felt sluggish almost like it was stuck in street mode ? What’s really concerning is that it couldn’t break the tires loose from a dead stop . Tires - stock pirelli p zeros

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I am in SoCal, it is a large area..... That said I am in the North County Coastal San Diego area.....
Is it stock?
I would recommend disconnecting the battery in the trunk wait a half hour and re-connect it.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I’m in the San Dimas area 57/210/10 . But hey , I’m willing to drive
Im home today, give me a call PM me.
(I am right past Camp Pendelton)

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
787 Posts
Shifting felt sluggish almost like it was stuck in street mode ? What’s really concerning is that it couldn’t break the tires loose from a dead stop . Tires - stock pirelli p zeros
Yea something is def wrong then, it should absolutely roast the tires even in street with it blipping power off and on.

Try with TC off (idk how to do it in an auto but I think you gotta be in park and foot on brake and hold tc-srt button for 10 seconds)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am in SoCal, it is a large area..... That said I am in the North County Coastal San Diego area.....
Is it stock?
I would recommend disconnecting the battery in the trunk wait a half hour and re-connect it.
Yes it is stock . Pure as the driven snow lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea something is def wrong then, it should absolutely roast the tires even in street with it blipping power off and on.

Try with TC off (idk how to do it in an auto but I think you gotta be in park and foot on brake and hold tc-srt button for 10 seconds)
That’s whAt I said

·
Premium Member
212 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
325 Posts
My 392 with 315 can roast the tires from a dead stop...something is definitely off. Is Eco mode on by some strange chance?

·
Registered
385 Posts
wth maybe they accidentally put a 4 banger in at the factory lmfao. But in all seriousness this isn't making any sense unless theres something electrical preventing the car from using its full power.:unsure: Random shot in the dark here but do you need to update your UConnect system?

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
116 Posts
can you post a video of a pull and your drive mode/settings?

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
My 392 with 315 can roast the tires from a dead stop...something is definitely off. Is Eco mode on by some strange chance?
Street traction absolutely sucks.....
USE TRACK SETTING!

Reactions: WhiskyV8
1 - 20 of 21 Posts