SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Anyone in SoCal area ?

1K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  hansman 
#1 ·
Still experiencing issues with my car ( I think ) car just doesn’t seem to have pop . Custom setting - sport trans , sport steering - street everything else . Just went for a romp and I can’t break the tires loose from a dig .. that can’t be ? Anyhow , I was wondering if another hellcat owner could meet up at some point and see what they think ? Going to the dealer over and over has become maddening .

#7 ·
Stock PZero Tires? Can you bring up the performance pages and have the screen that has your TQ/HP dial on and have a passenger eye or camera on it when you're doing a pull? Should read close to 700 but not quite 717.

How does the shifting feel? Aggressive and snappy or delayed and sluggish? Might be something small and stupid, and I am rather sure they do a dyno/break in phase at the plant before the car even reaches the customer (could be wrong, double check me) so I think they would've known if it was down power before you even got it.
Shifting felt sluggish almost like it was stuck in street mode ? What’s really concerning is that it couldn’t break the tires loose from a dead stop . Tires - stock pirelli p zeros

#8 ·
I am in SoCal, it is a large area..... That said I am in the North County Coastal San Diego area.....
Is it stock?
I would recommend disconnecting the battery in the trunk wait a half hour and re-connect it.

#21 ·
I think op needs to disconnect the battery and teach the car who is boss......
But here goes my take on the modes and settings. I have a 6 speed so the trans selector is not there.
Modes:
Track> Track Suspension (very stiff, will loosen your fillings, but handles the best in a dogfight), Traction - Track - traction control is off! (all help is turned off).
I think with the A8 Transmission has different settings also.

Sport> Suspension Sport (Stiff, but nice for some bumps at 100+), Street suspension, click it if you see a pothole or a speed bump. Also, great for rain. Otherwise it feels all floaty like a lincoln towncar. Traction- Track, Sport and Street.

Custom> You can combine different settings like 700+ hp, Track Suspension, Street traction, 500hp, etc. This is handy if it starts to rain and you are clipping along at 100+.

Default> This is what the car starts in. You can customize it but be warned, if you leave that in all track and forget it, it is pretty much all over. I personally have mine at 700+ hp, Street Traction and Sport suspension. This is really a nice place to start as if you need more just push the SRT button and click away.
Once you figure the modes out the car becomes fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.