SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Oracle lighting about getting some green interior lighting for my Hellcat.

They responded by asking what bulbs Dodge is using on the Hellcats interior lighting. Does anyone know? My car is in storage and I can't see.

Help, please.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
The rear dome lights and footwell lighting on the 2015+ Challenger is factory LED and is not a simple bulb replacement. You'll have to remove the factory LED and solder a new LED on if you want to change the color

Nick C.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
486 Posts
The rear dome lights and footwell lighting on the 2015+ Challenger is factory LED and is not a simple bulb replacement. You'll have to remove the factory LED and solder a new LED on if you want to change the color

Nick C.
Correct!

Or source them from a Viper. The Viper uses the same ones but they use a the bright white LED. I will post a pick of mine here shortly.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
486 Posts
Here are what the Viper ones look like. The front is a push on/off style. You want to souce the rear trunk ones. Those are identical to the ones in our headliners but have the white light.

I will post pic of mine installed in my car later tonight when I get home.

Now this only works if you want the super bright white LED look. If you want a cutome color like blue, green, red...whatever you need to do what Diode Dynamics said and soldier your own up.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
Those factory LED locations can't be replaced like a traditional incandescent bulb. I've heard from other members that the Viper uses a cool white unit, which you could replace the warmer LEDs with on the Charger/Challenger, but it's quite a lot of labor.

If you are looking to replace your incandescent bulbs, here's a video demonstrating the installation process:

Pretty easy vehicle to work with IMO!

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
486 Posts
hey, what are the part numbers for those lights? thanks!
2013 and up Vipers use that same housing and plugs for the rear trunk lamps and use the cool blue LED's

But I think you need to buy the entire rear hatch panel to get the LED lamps. I don't see a part number for just the LED's

The part number for the trunk close out panel where the LED's sit is: 1UL75DX9AC

That should have the LED's in them and they will fit right into the dome lamps on the Challenger's

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts
Those factory LED locations can't be replaced like a traditional incandescent bulb. I've heard from other members that the Viper uses a cool white unit, which you could replace the warmer LEDs with on the Charger/Challenger, but it's quite a lot of labor.

If you are looking to replace your incandescent bulbs, here's a video demonstrating the installation process:

Pretty easy vehicle to work with IMO!

Thanks!
Nick C.
I've got DD LED's in the engine compartment, trunk and foot well. Love them all. I also have green LED's in my map lights and puddle lights. Great LED's and easy to install. Here's engine compartment.
Green Light Vehicle Auto part Car

Reactions: NX91Notch

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,389 Posts
Good call!

That's a great suggestion,

(We haven't had a Viper in the studio here in St. Louis....Yet!)

Nick C.
Nick, DD website has the door lights as 194s, manual says 562 (2016 Challenger), also I think your visor vanity lights say 28mm vs the oem 29mm, can you confirm?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.