SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a controller I can control my boost levels for street racing and track conditions. I can adapt a turbo external waste gate with a controler but was hoping some one has all ready figured it out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,657 Posts
The supercharger has a valve / throttle body already installed and controlled by the ECM. What you're looking for is a good tuning solution that will let you change that valve's actuation.

Lots of good tuners here can give you a hand with that, or you can do it yourself with tools like HP Tuners. Just be sure you take nice easy small changes at a time....mistakes can get expensive quick!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I did. It does not apply to an actual Hellcat.

It ONLY applies to Hellcat superchargers on cars that are NOT Hellcats.
"The SmoothBoost Hellcat controller is a driver to run the factory Hellcat Bypass valve. This is needed when swapping to a Hellcat based supercharger where the PCM has no way of controlling the Bypass valve. "

So, in short, forget about Smooth Boost.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
727 Posts
Isnt a pulley going to take care of this? I didnt think playing with the bypass valve could make a boost increase ????

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,657 Posts
Isnt a pulley going to take care of this? I didnt think playing with the bypass valve could make a boost increase ????
Correct. You would increase the boost by changing the pulley, then bleed off what you don't want by opening that secondary throttle.

The OP was looking for a different way to control the boost. If you want more boost, you gotta spin it to win it!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
727 Posts
I got that but have no idea why you need to bleed boost off unless your trying a programmed launch control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts