SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year or so before I traded in my Bee, I had the dash bezel painted Stinger Yellow (with a little metallic thrown in)...here was the result:

I was thinking about going the same route with the Cat (only in Yellow Jacket), but it wouldn't work...the Bee had yellow trim with the seat stripes, so I decided first to go with the dash bezel, then added the shifter and floor mats...the yellow accents all tied together quite nicely.

I ordered my Cat with red seat belts, and with the red gauges and red Hellcat background graphic on the Uconnect, I thought I'd play up the red theme a bit more (would've loved red seats instead of black, but they're not offered with Yellow Jackets). So I added Redline Red Tricoat Pearl door buttons and center console knobs, and also swapped in red-trimmed floormats (with red "CHARGER SRT") floormats.

Trying to decide if extending the red theme to the dash bezel would be a good thing or too much of a good thing. I would leave the border silver (same as above), and only the gray textured areas would get the Redline Red treatment. if I go this route, I won't do it until I can get my hands on another bezel...if I don't like it, I want to be able to go back to stock.

Just curious if anyone at all as done any bezel painting to their Cats. And what they thought of the results.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
396 Posts
Nah. Not a fan of that. Only thing I'd ever do is change it to real carbon fiber of it were available.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,687 Posts
Sorry, not my cup of tea... I kind of like the look and feel of the metal bezel.

I do agree that the interior is waaay too black and needs a little pop to make everything standout. I have been considering the rings that go on the outside of the knobs on the dash to add a little colour.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
403 Posts
Sorry, not my cup of tea... I kind of like the look and feel of the metal bezel.

I do agree that the interior is waaay too black and needs a little pop to make everything standout. I have been considering the rings that go on the outside of the knobs on the dash to add a little colour.
I totally understand ... its funny each mod no matter what is not for every one .... that's kind of what makes it nice ..less people with the same mods ..... im good with your opinion and agree with it in that aspect.... I also was thinking about the nobs ..... funny ... I cant make up my mind on them lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
626 Posts
This is a cool idea. I want to put a wood grain pistol grip shifter in but the carbon fiber clashes with it. Now I can get a wood grain simulation on it as with the center console. I just have to make sure it's done right. I like the white and yellow it does make the interior pop.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,859 Posts
Definitely not. Looks way too Civic/ricer, sorry. Not to mention a buyer down the road will run the other way. Although the factory bezels are prob super cheap to buy and return to stock when it comes time to sell. Cheapens the whole car to me. Hey if you like it then rock it out.

Reactions: White noise

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
403 Posts
Definitely not. Looks way too Civic/ricer, sorry. Not to mention a buyer down the road will run the other way. Although the factory bezels are prob super cheap to buy and return to stock when it comes time to sell. Cheapens the whole car to me. Hey if you like it then rock it out.
funny .... they are not cheap .... for the two pcs alone was over $500 plus I did the ac vents and steering wheel .... plan was to keep all the stock stuff .... but not cheap

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
396 Posts
funny .... they are not cheap .... for the two pcs alone was over $500 plus I did the ac vents and steering wheel .... plan was to keep all the stock stuff .... but not cheap
Holy crap you overpaid if you had that painted. I sell paint to body shops for a living. That's a $200 job tops.

And, it is a actually a mod very popular among the import crowd.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
2,694 Posts
This, to each there own. I like some of the mods, but it comes down to resale for me, hence why I've done no mods that can't be quickly and cheaply swapped back.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, lots of replies out of nowhere...I didn't think that I was going to get any responses on this.

Obviously I'm open-minded about painted bezels, but I really think the border needs to remain silver...when the whole piece is painted it loses a little something.

I was driving around for a while trying to picture a fully-painted bezel...though I definitely thought it worked in my Bee (everyone who saw it loved it), I don't think it will here, in any color...just doesn't feel right this time...I think if I do anything, I will have the silver bezel outline of the bezel painted Redline Red. I think that will tie in much better with the console knobs, gauges, door buttons, and floor mats, without being too over the top.

Basically this:

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I totally understand ... its funny each mod no matter what is not for every one .... that's kind of what makes it nice ..less people with the same mods ..... im good with your opinion and agree with it in that aspect.... I also was thinking about the nobs ..... funny ... I cant make up my mind on them lol
Agree entirely...it would suck if we all liked the same things...I like seeing how different ideas come to fruition. I knew that the idea of painting the dash bezel wasn't going to be a universal "go for it" kind of thing.

My issue with your bezel is that there's not enough contrast...I would've left the silver border alone, and also left the gauge "wall" borders alone as well...I would've just painted the textured area. Yours definitely pops, though in the photo it's almost overwhelming...but only one person's opinion really matters, and you know which one that is.

If I do go ahead with the Redline Red border, I'm sure it will get mixed reviews. But I really think with the various other red accents in my interior, that it will work, in a relatively subtle, factory-but-enhanced kind of way.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
403 Posts
Agree entirely...it would suck if we all liked the same things...I like seeing how different ideas come to fruition. I knew that the idea of painting the dash bezel wasn't going to be a universal "go for it" kind of thing.

My issue with your bezel is that there's not enough contrast...I would've left the silver border alone, and also left the gauge "wall" borders alone as well...I would've just painted the textured area. Yours definitely pops, though in the photo it's almost overwhelming...but only one person's opinion really matters, and you know which one that is.

If I do go ahead with the Redline Red border, I'm sure it will get mixed reviews. But I really think with the various other red accents in my interior, that it will work, in a relatively subtle, factory-but-enhanced kind of way.
ironically .... when I dropped off the car they were told not to paint the borders .... but was told when I picked it up that they couldn't separate the trim ... it was painted almost free along with all the steering wheel trim and AC vents ..... I didn't love it but it still looked awesome ... pics do it no justice but I agree with leaving the border ... how ever I will be adding the red piping to the outside just have not done it yet

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
403 Posts
Holy crap you overpaid if you had that painted. I sell paint to body shops for a living. That's a $200 job tops.

And, it is a actually a mod very popular among the import crowd.
no .... it was almost free .... the new parts would have cost 500 bucks so I had mine pulled out and painted they did the dash center console ac vents and all the steering wheel parts including the paddles for a $100

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
396 Posts
Depends on the market you're in. Smaller shops will take what they can get. Busier shops don't think it's worth it. When I used to paint that's the kind of work I did. Started off doing sport bikes and doing lots of plastic welding. Ended up doing lots of small engine parts and interior parts. The shop I worked at (apart from my side work) always took in small jobs like that too.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ironically .... when I dropped off the car they were told not to paint the borders .... but was told when I picked it up that they couldn't separate the trim ... it was painted almost free along with all the steering wheel trim and AC vents ..... I didn't love it but it still looked awesome ... pics do it no justice but I agree with leaving the border ... how ever I will be adding the red piping to the outside just have not done it yet
Yeah I insisted on my borders not being painted...it took them some time to mask it off (and the final result did have some flaws that don't show up in the photo), but they were able to do it.

That red piping will look badass with your white...that I can't wait to see! I'm seeing if it can be done with vinyl...a local guy who did my Bee roof and Hellcat hood is going to see if it's possible. If not, to the body shop it goes (I'm sure that is going to be a MAJOR PITA to mask off for painting).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts