SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
104 Posts
What is the buyout on your lease? There are tons of 1500 rams out there, so being that it's used might not be that great of a deal. I have a 1500 and 3500, along with my HC Charger and really like both rams. I don't think I would get rid of a HC for a ram but practicality might change that, I am not a practical person though.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What is the buyout on your lease? There are tons of 1500 rams out there, so being that it's used might not be that great of a deal. I have a 1500 and 3500, along with my HC Charger and really like both rams. I don't think I would get rid of a HC for a ram but practicality might change that, I am not a practical person though.
I've pretty much decided against buying my dad's truck. It was a great deal, but it's just not what I want. The buyout on my car is $48,900 plus the $350 disposition fee.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
167 Posts
And just the general idea of selling to friends or family is usually a bad idea. They always expect a great deal and God forbid something ever went wrong with that car, well they would forever blame it on you. So my advice is never tell any friends or family what you are doing, let them say something after it's gone, it's way better than hearing about that lemon you sold them year after year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yea I sold 90 gmc p/u truck to a friend in 2016,every time something went wrong I got a phone call .

·
Registered
402 Posts
White Knuckle

Never before in the history of the color white have I seen a paint color name make me want to buy a car in that color.

The guys naming the paint colors at dodge have more hormones than the entire staff of Ford, evidently.

Anyone else hold onto that steering wheel extra hard when the Fun Pedal goes to the floor?
I brace myself hard with my left foot in the dead pedal and make sure my hands only have to be used for steering after I hit top gear. This perfectly-aligned jewel REALLY obeys one's steering inputs.

White Knuckle indeed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,214 Posts
2017 was the year Dodge tried to toughen up some of the names, in addition to White Knuckle, Jazz Blue became Contusion Blue but same color. And 2017 also saw Destroyer Gray and Octane Red appear, those two colors on other models were Ceramic Gray and Velvet Red but obviously that wouldn't fit the Challenger/Charger tough guy image.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Gave back my 17 a8 hellcat challenger ..went and replaced it with 19 Bullitt mustang GT in june of 19 ..Last friday came home with a 19 Hellcat charger Left Bullitt at the Dealer on trade in !!! Best move i ever made even if i did screw my self 6k , I was miserable ...i do have an 18 mustang gt too but its the 10 speed auto with Peformance pack its a whole other beast from a manual mustang today . I also love this car too ..Bottom line is i missed the hellcat a shitload ,honestly its the best overall do everything go fast comfy car for the money hands down , i love all cars corvetts mustangs camaros m3 bmw c63 amg and owned a ton of fast stuff i still come back to dodge and iwas never a dodge fan prior to 2010 !!! You Will miss a hellcat trust me .. I am actually enjoying this charger more than my challenger too ,i plan on using this car more too ,no more pickleing it lifes too short not to enjoy it !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is also another thought , if ever you had to give up a Hellcat off lease or because of any reason and you need to trim 150-200 a month off a payment there’s always a Scatpack too now I know some may see this as a step back but for daily street driving and anything up to 1/4 mile blasts on back roads this car is a great value and performer , mine ran 11.77 115 with a drag radial and r2c cold air nothing else , also the 3.09 in the 6.4 really works great . The honest truth is in my opinion the Scatpack is as fast and actually feels faster than the Hellcat for the first 600ft . I never got out of my Scatpack and got in my Hellcat and was disappointed with the scat . On street tires a Hellcat vs Scatpack is not terribly far off especially due to not being able to even use all of the Hellcat especially under 40 without a good sticky tire. JUST MY 2cents and opinion hope this helps .. my we are spoiled today lol when we scoff at 485HP NA 11.8 cars like there under achievers 🥴

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
166 Posts
And just the general idea of selling to friends or family is usually a bad idea. They always expect a great deal and God forbid something ever went wrong with that car, well they would forever blame it on you. So my advice is never tell any friends or family what you are doing, let them say something after it's gone, it's way better than hearing about that lemon you sold them year after year.

Actually, it's not, unless they are, well, insane. A family friend has bought 3 of my old vehicles from me. He knew their histories, and said, "I figure I have a better shot at getting a decent car or whatever from you than I would if I bought a random vehicle from someone else!". He got a lot of use out of those 2 SUVs and a truck. Sure, there were a couple of problems, I remember one of them had to have it's water pump replaced soon after he bought it, but at 65K miles, it was probably due anyway. He almost bought my last car, but the money wasn't available due to his jaw dropping health insurance costs for his wife and 2 of his 3 sons. The last two are on their own with jobs that they get insurance through. Now, he says when it's time for the present car to go away, he wants first shot at it. Somehow, I don't think I will have any trouble selling this one to him or a coworker who was also interested in my last Challenger.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts