SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Anyone tried these twister Cyclone style mid mufflers?

4K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  hellsie 
#1 ·
They seem really interesting!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks to be more restrictive than a stock mid muffler.

#5 ·
Maybe it brings out the flavors in your exhaust

Reactions: HellishCat
#8 ·
Looks like its trying to add some venturi effect to speed up the exhaust but I would be concerned about the inside diameter looks to be reduced in size in order to make those nifty little cyclone ridges.

#14 ·
Pleasant exhaust notes come from valve events/cam timing not mufflers.

Mufflers are just that: things that muffle sound - more or less. Turbo style, glasspack, chambered, Flowmaster esque, turbine, etc allow different amounts and frequencies through. The quality of sound is 90% in the engine.

Headers, cats, pipe diameter, muffler quantity and design, and even exhaust tips are all secondary to displacement, compression ratio, chamber design, cam design.

Making a car louder does nothing to improve engine quality. More louder isn't better. These cars have emissions cams and it shows - especially at idle.

#16 ·
Pleasant exhaust notes come from valve events/cam timing not mufflers.

Mufflers are just that: things that muffle sound - more or less. Turbo style, glasspack, chambered, Flowmaster esque, turbine, etc allow different amounts and frequencies through. The quality of sound is 90% in the engine.

Headers, cats, pipe diameter, muffler quantity and design, and even exhaust tips are all secondary to displacement, compression ratio, chamber design, cam design.

Making a car louder does nothing to improve engine quality. More louder isn't better. These cars have emissions cams and it shows - especially at idle.
I second this ...... I just went through all these exact scenarios this summer .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

#30 ·
I just seen it on amazon. Seach under (
No idea. I can't see how they're engineered too well from the photos. If airway is maintained, then I wouldn't think there'd be any performance drawbacks. Those baffles appear to be hollow. If so, they won't impede flow so much. It will just quieten the exhaust a little. I'm curious about these myself. I may have to snag a pair.
I suspect the airway is maintained but it the angle of the picture could be misleading, can't find other info about them, no website, however go to amazon and check em out , search under: HSJRS Muffler , they are $70 a piece, please report back if you grab them, worse case u can send em back no charge if you have prime

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.