SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the truck/suv adapters with their QuickJack to get some more clearance? Ordered them, looking to see if anyone else has tried it. Figure I could drive up on a few 2x4’s first and then use these with the QuickJack

if so, post some pics!

Product Output device Tire Automotive tire Camera accessory

·
Premium Member
10.23 @ 133 in Roomy Comfort (Stock, no tune of any kind,, just tires)
442 Posts
It's gets pretty high off the ground without the adapters, with you'd have to really stretch up to reach anything 😁.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I have it. I actually have the new one (5000tlx) that lifts it 3” higher. I have to pull the trans, so I’ll take any room I can get. Plus, 1 of the rubber blocks already split on me smh. just filed a warranty claim on it.
Automotive lighting Bumper Hood Automotive exterior Gas

·
Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
2,321 Posts
They work well, super sturdy. Blocks of wood under wheels is a good idea to get extra clearance. I've only used the adaptors on other vehicles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
They’re only 6” tall total including the piece that sits inside the tray I believe. I can fit the 3” blocks under the car now. So more like 3-3.5” of wood, not bad.
7 1/4” They don’t even fit under car by themselves on the ground.

side note, may look at getting lifting pads for the front, instead of lifting on the seam. Looks like that’s where it split from your picture.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
7 1/4” They don’t even fit under car by themselves on the ground.

side note, may look at getting lifting pads for the front, instead of lifting on the seam. Looks like that’s where it split from your picture.
I do have the metal lifting pads on the front that install on the pinch weld with Allen screws. The rubber blocks are junk and splitting.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I’ll post some pics when they come in how much higher I’m able to get the car up. Wood under the wheels should work just fine. Don’t need the car up that high all the time, just to do this 1 job. So if I have to jack the car up a side at a time to put wood under the wheels first(which I’m anticipating)? No big deal

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, I’ll post some pics when they come in how much higher I’m able to get the car up. Wood under the wheels should work just fine. Don’t need the car up that high all the time, just to do this 1 job. So if I have to jack the car up a side at a time to put wood under the wheels first(which I’m anticipating)? No big deal
Just measured, looks like about height 9 3/4” on the jack from the ground, so min clearance needed. May just make it with 4” of wood, depends on your car. Measured on mine and probably just above 5” needed.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just measured, looks like about height 9 3/4” on the jack from the ground, so min clearance needed. May just make it with 4” of wood, depends on your car. Measured on mine and probably just above 5” needed.
Yep, thanks! My cradle in the front is lowered (spacers between cradle and body) so front of my car is a bit higher than most. Anticipating 4” or so for the wood. Extra step? Sure. But if it gets me the extra under car clearance I need then it’s well worth it

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I cut up a 2x12x8’ board a few days ago, screwed 2 of them together and made 4 pieces already. I have a lot of other wood laying around if needed

Wood Flooring Floor Table Rectangle

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
179 Posts
The Truck Adapter Kit worked really well with the Quick Jacks when I did all the rear suspension work on my Charger. They enabled me to lift the car higher and work more comfortably. Moreover, I was also able to set the car down on race ramp stands to torque the rear cradle to spec under load after I installed the lockouts. Thant being said, was the only time I have used them on the Hellcat.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
370 Posts
I pulled my trans with my Quickjack and just one of the tall rubber blocks they supplied. Having the vehicle a little higher might have been nice but it’s doable as is. Trans slid out the back just fine.

I also used the trans jack to balance the exhaust when removing/installing, made life much easier if you’re doing it yourself.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,254 Posts
Yep, I have it. I actually have the new one (5000tlx) that lifts it 3” higher. I have to pull the trans, so I’ll take any room I can get. Plus, 1 of the rubber blocks already split on me smh. just filed a warranty claim on it.
View attachment 595142
You should be using jacking pucks on the pinch welds to avoid this.

I use them to avoid damaging the pads on my lift.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 60 Posts