SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title States does anyone have the LMI Intake with a aftermarket exhaust or muffler delete. My question is with my stock intake and my muffler delete I can't hear my wine of the super charger anymore. With the LMI intake will I hear the wine again. Would like some input on people that have loud after market exhaust or muffler delete with the LMI intake. Also does anyone know if LMI is California smog legal I kinda doubt it.

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,638 Posts
Hi,
I had an LMI intake.
I really Loved it but I had it installed in my husband's rip @Top Cat Challenger
Beyond the SC sound it does really well as a supporting mod for higher HP.

I had the AWE catback exhaust installed and I love the old school sound.
I have the track edition installed. I dragrace but there is also a touring edition Here on the HHP website you can read the info about AWE. Just scroll down for the .description
Dodge - Challenger - 2015+ HELLCAT, REDEYE & DEMON - Exhaust Systems - Catbacks - Page 1 - High Horse Performance, Inc.

I get many compliments About the ols school Muscle car sound.

Linda :)

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
49 Posts
I have a LMI on my cat and stainless works header back exhaust, so I’m catless and pretty much straight through to the tips. The whine is definitely heard over the exhaust.
I have a 2.5 upper now so it really screams lol
LMI is not CARB compliant, at least to my knowledge from when I purchased mine. Been running it for 3 years now and I’m in CA as well.

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,855 Posts
I've never been a fan of muffler deletes. It makes the car (or any car for that matter), sound annoyingly loud. Doing that also destroys the tone of the sound... so it's just a loud obnoxious noise. A quality exhaust will raise the volume, but maintain the tone and resonance. That's the difference between loud and badass.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
95 Posts
I have the LMI and mid-mufflers changed out to the Vibrant 1794’s and the whine is VERY noticeable still.

Reactions: ChillxPoint

· Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never been a fan of muffler deletes. It makes the car (or any car for that matter), sound annoyingly loud. Doing that also destroys the tone of the sound... so it's just a loud obnoxious noise. A quality exhaust will raise the volume, but maintain the tone and resonance. That's the difference between loud and badass.
Thx for your input but i personally love the sound. Ive had a quality catback exhaust before and it doesnt justify IMO the 1k to 2k cost vs paying 120 for a muffler delete. Now thats only if you like loud exhaust which i do and had tons of compliments. To each there own, now back to the main issue :)

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,855 Posts
Thx for your input but i personally love the sound. Ive had a quality catback exhaust before and it doesnt justify IMO the 1k to 2k cost vs paying 120 for a muffler delete. Now thats only if you like loud exhaust which i do and had tons of compliments. To each there own, now back to the main issue :)
All the power to you, but I just don't understand the whole, buy an 80-90k car and make it sound like a $2,000 Mustang bit. You don't need a $2,000 exhaust system to make it sound good. Volume is only part of the equation. Without the muffler, I can't tell the difference between a Hellcat with a muffler delete and a Silverado pickup with a 4" exhaust running el cheapo glass packs. Sounds like a firecracker going off in a 14" diameter PVC pipe.

· Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All the power to you, but I just don't understand the whole, buy an 80-90k car and make it sound like a $2,000 Mustang bit. You don't need a $2,000 exhaust system to make it sound good. Volume is only part of the equation. Without the muffler, I can't tell the difference between a Hellcat with a muffler delete and a Silverado pickup with a 4" exhaust running el cheapo glass packs. Sounds like a firecracker going off in a 14" diameter PVC pipe.
Lol if you cant tell the difference between a chevy ford or dodge engine regardless of what exhaust they have then you need to get your ears checked lol. No offense. But in all seriousness i love a loud exhaust and the only other one i would consider is the flowmaster outlaw series which i owned on my previous challenger hence why i went back to a muffler delete to save money and put the money to better use on other mods. The muffler delete and outlaw series sound pretty dead on with the outlaw being a tad bit louder and maybe a better idle. But once again i cant justify spending 1k on a exhaust that sounds very similar to muffler delete. Its common sense to me, maybe not to you but to me it is. Also alot of people saved up alot just to get this car so they dont have the cash to throw more money down. To me its about common sense. When you go shopping do you shop at walmart or some name brand store? Right you try and save money so you goto walmart or when you buy a car you try and get the best deal. Ok back to the main issue.

· Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a LMI on my cat and stainless works header back exhaust, so I’m catless and pretty much straight through to the tips. The whine is definitely heard over the exhaust.
I have a 2.5 upper now so it really screams lol
LMI is not CARB compliant, at least to my knowledge from when I purchased mine. Been running it for 3 years now and I’m in CA as well.
Do you have any heat problems with the intake?

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
127 Posts
The answer to your question is YES. You will hear the SC whine much louder than without it. I have the LMI and mid pipes with cat delete. The exhaust is louder but so is the whine from the SC. I also have a Jokerz ported blower and now it is even louder.

· Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have you guys noticed if your intake temps are higher? Curious since there is no heat shield. Maybe higher while idle but cooler when driving? Also what product do you guys clean it with?

· Registered
A Van Down by the River
8,092 Posts
Have you guys noticed if your intake temps are higher? Curious since there is no heat shield. Maybe higher while idle but cooler when driving? Also what product do you guys clean it with?
Your idle intake temps will be slightly higher with an open filter element compared to the stock box, but as soon as you start moving, the temps will drop quicker than they would with the stock box.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.