SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a widebody redeye. I’m kinda upset because I’m slowly falling super in love with the drag radials and demon wheels but from what I heard the breaks are too big on the front ? Is there anyway without voiding warranty?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,500 Posts
While I agree with you on the looks, if youre not racing, the DR's are worse for the street. Youre set up is def better for the street. With that being said i'm pretty sure the only way would be to swap out the front brakes lol. Warranty gone. I love the look too. Looked into all kinds of replicas etc and nothing was going to really work.

Reactions: Thomaskov

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,664 Posts
yeah you need the smaller front brakes I love the look too but my 1320 isnt a wide body so they will stick out a mile past the fenders. No one makes 18" reps in the right offset for the NB cars. Saw someone doing replica 20s but I like the look of the smaller wheel and more tire.

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
yeah you need the smaller front brakes I love the look too but my 1320 isnt a wide body so they will stick out a mile past the fenders. No one makes 18" reps in the right offset for the NB cars. Saw someone doing replica 20s but I like the look of the smaller wheel and more tire.
The 20" replicas dont look right. theyre not deep enough.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,664 Posts
The 20" replicas dont look right. theyre not deep enough.
I thought the same. Id love 18" replicas in 11" width for the rear and 10 for the front That gets me closer but unless I can find someone to custom make them its just a dream. and even then it would be $$$$$

·
Registered
107 Posts
You should try calling Triumph to see what they can do. I have a Super Stock ordered, which comes with the 18” Demon wheels, but it also has the 4 piston caliper up front. My problem is that I want to run 17x11 in the back, so I’m working with Triumph to design a Demon replica for the rears. Since they won’t be an EXACT match to the stock fronts, I’m also getting 18x11 for the front made. I imagine I’ll also have them make me a matching set of skinny’s for the front. I think Biz can do just about anything you want.

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
You should try calling Triumph to see what they can do. I have a Super Stock ordered, which comes with the 18” Demon wheels, but it also has the 4 piston caliper up front. My problem is that I want to run 17x11 in the back, so I’m working with Triumph to design a Demon replica for the rears. Since they won’t be an EXACT match to the stock fronts, I’m also getting 18x11 for the front made. I imagine I’ll also have them make me a matching set of skinny’s for the front. I think Biz can do just about anything you want.
Basic physics though. When you stretch the diameter to the required 20" to clear those big front brakes it changes the whole look and makes it look more "flush" than deep. Not sure how it would be physically possible to retain that deep dish look without making them even wider and then looking goofy. But hey if it's possible I'd be a buyer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Basic physics though. When you stretch the diameter to the required 20" to clear those big front brakes it changes the whole look and makes it look more "flush" than deep. Not sure how it would be physically possible to retain that deep dish look without making them even wider and then looking goofy. But hey if it's possible I'd be a buyer.
If I understood his explanation correctly, he may be able to use a 3 piece wheel and have a recess in the center of the hoop that would clear the 6 piston. OR..... I could have completely misunderstood.

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
If I understood his explanation correctly, he may be able to use a 3 piece wheel and have a recess in the center of the hoop that would clear the 6 piston. OR..... I could have completely misunderstood.
Let's hope it's the first one lol. Please post up any intel that you come across. Lots of us would go down that rabbit hole.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’m sure it could be done no problem. I used to have a set of 3 piece iforged trial 5 spoke rims on an old jeep. The centers were rounded to clear the brembos, granite they were only 4 pistons as this was a 10+ year old jeep. Fronts were 22x9 with a 2.5” lip/barrel, and the rears were 22x10 with a 4” lip/barrel

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
I’m sure it could be done no problem. I used to have a set of 3 piece iforged trial 5 spoke rims on an old jeep. The centers were rounded to clear the brembos, granite they were only 4 pistons as this was a 10+ year old jeep. Fronts were 22x9 with a 2.5” lip/barrel, and the rears were 22x10 with a 4” lip/barrel
Im sure it can physically be done but I think the real magic is in getting it to have that stock Demon/SS look afterwards.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,413 Posts
I wouldn't sacrifice huge brakes to fit smaller wheels. But that's just me. Most guys are upgrading their stock brakes to BBK but for some reason the SRT crowd wants to downgrade their brakes LOL.

R.K.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I agree with you on the looks, if youre not racing, the DR's are worse for the street. Youre set up is def better for the street. With that being said i'm pretty sure the only way would be to swap out the front brakes lol. Warranty gone. I love the look too. Looked into all kinds of replicas etc and nothing was going to really work.
Yeah you pretty much summed it up, between never having the the true look and/or blousing warranty just doesn’t sound worth it. Pretty crazy it works this way dodge always has some petty bs to try and stop us from modding into higher tiers

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wouldn't sacrifice huge brakes to fit smaller wheels. But that's just me. Most guys are upgrading their stock brakes to BBK but for some reason the SRT crowd wants to downgrade their brakes LOL.

R.K.
I agree. For that kind of money i’d want the 6 pistons. I had said that the 6 piston “bite” was hard to beat, to which someone responded with:

“The six pistons only stop the car seven feet shorter than the four pistons. The benefit for the six pistons is brake fade, not stopping force.”

Point taken, but in a 4,500 pound vehicle, i’ll take all the extra stopping power I can get. 7 feet is 7 feet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts