SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Now that I have all the FI spacers kits off my dining room table and in the mail -- with many having already been delivered and installed -- I'm able to rededicate myself to the idea of a group buy for the Arc-Angel Hellcat battery.

My car has been in the shop for about 3 weeks as we install a complex interchiller / tank build, and during that time, the battery has been in the car and hooked up.

I was at the shop today for a spacer kit install on a friend's Hellcat, and while there I had my mechanic test Arc-Angel with a voltage meter. The car hadn't been started in close to 2 weeks, and a Tazer was plugged in, as well.

Voltage read 13.12. Which is pretty damned good. I have a lithium trickle charger for it but so far it hasn't been necessary.

The battery weighs about 16 and a half pounds.

To get the best deal on these, we'd have to get 100 units sold, and there's a 2-3 month lead time on them. That said, if you race, this battery is a huge weight savings over OEM, is powerful enough for a daily driver (boasts a 10-year life), and it seems to hold a charge very well compared to some earlier lithium batteries.

We had about 8 people mention interest on an earlier thread, but I promised to post an official thread once I had time, so this is it! The number of units we can pre-order will determine the final savings, up to $60 off of a $400 battery.

I believe Arc-Angel is working on becoming a vendor here, but I'm not sure where they are in that process.

I'll answer whatever questions I can. Thanks.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,718 Posts
Just imagine a dining room table piled high with 80 Arc Angel batteries.:eek:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,718 Posts
I suppose I'm in if we can get at least $50 off

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,695 Posts
I’m in also.

Do you know about comparisons to other lightweight batteries out there Kowalski?

If this thing is just as good. For the price savings and for only 4-6lbs difference between the other 2 I would go with this one all day.

The only other one I heard of was one that FFBOS just installed, has one he just reviewed. Weighed 9lbs? https://www.hellcat.org/threads/cox-9lb-lithium-battery-installed.227855/

Seems like based on some of the comments that trickle charger is necessary. Pretty lightweight though.

There is another one called anti gravity RS-30
RS-30 LITHIUM-ION CAR BATTERY – Antigravity Batteries

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
488 Posts
I'm in, but waiting on 100 might be outside of my patience abilities.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,263 Posts
Let me understand here. 2-3 month wait and no group buy discount until 100 batteries sold. Is that correct?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me understand here. 2-3 month wait and no group buy discount until 100 batteries sold. Is that correct?
No. 100 batteries gets the best discount. 50 gets a lesser discount. 10 a lesser. Etc.

2-3 months is the time to make them and get them all out.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m in also.

Do you know about comparisons to other lightweight batteries out there Kowalski?

If this thing is just as good. For the price savings and for only 4-6lbs difference between the other 2 I would go with this one all day.

The only other one I heard of was one that FFBOS just installed, has one he just reviewed. Weighed 9lbs? https://www.hellcat.org/threads/cox-9lb-lithium-battery-installed.227855/

Seems like based on some of the comments that trickle charger is necessary. Pretty lightweight though.

There is another one called anti gravity RS-30
RS-30 LITHIUM-ION CAR BATTERY – Antigravity Batteries
For the price, this seems like a really good unit. If you're going to let it sit for months, they sell a trickle charger for lithium, or you can buy a CTEK for lithium with a quick connect, like I did.

The CCA matches that of the more expensive unit. But this one is about 7 lbs more. As I noted in the OP, this has been sitting hooked up without running for a couple weeks and has really held a good charge.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,428 Posts
Sounds interesting . I was looking at these batteries . Please keep us up to date on the group buy .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
140 Posts
Keeping my eye on this. I've just started kicking around the idea of minor weight reduction and this seems like one of the quickest, easiest, cheapest ways to start.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT 392
212 Posts
Interested, does anyone know the stock battery weight?

Just found out it is around 48LBs! so we shave about 32LBs off with this. Nice.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
140 Posts
I don't mean to turn this into another weight reduction thread, but I'm just going back and forth on doing this battery because I'm not sure where else to shed weight without compromising too much elsewhere. 30-32lbs is a great savings for the money, but I'm not sure if it's even worth messing with if it's the only weight reduction I do. Anyway, I am just thinking out loud here where I'm surrounded by people who understand the dilemma (i.e. - NOT at home where no one cares but myself).

Reactions: Mean Cat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,718 Posts
I'm out of the group buy on this. I ordered a Cox Racing battery today. I would have loved to go with the Arc Angel but being out of stock this long never makes me feel good about a vendor. The Cox battery is also lighter so I needed a little extra help to offset the extra weight I've added from the front strut brace, subframe connectors, and rear strut brace.

Reactions: FFBOS

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,263 Posts
I'm out of the group buy on this. I ordered a Cox Racing battery today. I would have loved to go with the Arc Angel but being out of stock this long never makes me feel good about a vendor. The Cox battery is also lighter so I needed a little extra help to offset the extra weight I've added from the front strut brace, subframe connectors, and rear strut brace.
How long did they tell you it would take to get?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Have Guns Will Travel
Challenger SRT Hellcat
6,325 Posts
My
Interested, does anyone know the stock battery weight?

Just found out it is around 48LBs! so we shave about 32LBs off with this. Nice.
My Super Start platinum (AGM) weighed 52 pounds.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,718 Posts
1 - 20 of 104 Posts