SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Are all dealers adding 15k to sticker price ?

4267 36
does anyone know if all dodge dealers are adding 15k to the sticker price or is it just florida ?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
394 Posts
does anyone know if all dodge dealers are adding 15k to the sticker price or is it just florida ?
Mine certainly did NOT, MSRP.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,002 Posts
Florida is notoriously bad for adding big markups, but dealers can mark them up to whatever they want. The new allocation method is supposed to discourage it, but may end up unintentionally encouraging it.

·
Banned
5,317 Posts
10/20K above msrp is the going price.

WT

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,253 Posts
Most try to get all that they can . But the key word is try. I think that a lot of people have paid close to the MSRP or 5k over I got mine off a lot @ 4k over back in December.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Florida is notoriously bad for adding big markups, but dealers can mark them up to whatever they want. The new allocation method is supposed to discourage it, but may end up unintentionally encouraging it.
10/20K above msrp is the going price.

WT
it might be the going rate, but not for me. I Am not going to just give away 15 thousand dollars to line the dealers pocket. 15k is like a 2 week vacation in Hawaiia.

·
Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.
Challenger SRT Hellcat
737 Posts
MSRP in NC

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
394 Posts
Greenway Dodge in Orlando contacted me today after I sent an email asking if it was at MSRP. Advised they went from 30k to 15k this weekend.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
744 Posts
Greenway Dodge in Orlando contacted me today after I sent an email asking if it was at MSRP. Advised they went from 30k to 15k this weekend.
Yeah, Greenway bumped up the '08 Challengers by 20k. I live pretty close to Greenway but I bought my '08 Chally in So. Carolina at MSRP. This time around this FL boy is buying his Charger HC in MI. Greenway is and has been a RIP. They lost me forever. I'm paying MSRP in MI.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,170 Posts
It depends on the dealership. Most want the ability to sell Hellcats in the near future so moving them at MSRP is their strategy. As far as profit goes, selling 3 marked up Hellcats is like selling 12 at MSRP. That strategy is used by the others. I don't like the others.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
465 Posts
MSRP in Ontario, Canada. Ontario law stipulates no mark up from MSRP
Yes I found that little tid bit of information useful it is interesting that it only applies to new vehicle advertised price but if its used they can charge whatever they want saw that at one dealer a used hellcat with something like 2000 miles was listed at 75k add taxes and fees to that and wow! :eek:

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
588 Posts
Yes I found that little tid bit of information useful it is interesting that it only applies to new vehicle advertised price but if its used they can charge whatever they want saw that at one dealer a used hellcat with something like 2000 miles was listed at 75k add taxes and fees to that and wow! :eek:
Your right a used hellcat with 2000k is a used car and a dealer CAN charge what ever they want. What i like to know is when did a used car come with a MSRP?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.