SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may have been touched on before, but is anyone aware of any options/features that are available when ordering a CHARGER redeye that aren’t available/shown on dodge’s build tool?

I ask because my dealer stated I can order the redeye with 3.09 gears instead of the standard 2.62 gears.Gears are obviously not an option shown on the build tool, but the build tool sucks. So is anyone aware of any other options you can choose from that aren’t on the tool?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,348 Posts
3.09’s are clearly on the build site. All options are there.

DE943239-4349-4BA8-88AA-E122BB438F68.jpeg

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes, tell your dealer that you want to see the secret option list. Some dealers are hesitant to reveal it, so be persistent. I've found that if you wink at the salesman when you ask for the secret option list they'll realize that you're in the know and will give it to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, tell your dealer that you want to see the secret option list. Some dealers are hesitant to reveal it, so be persistent. I've found that if you wink at the salesman when you ask for the secret option list they'll realize that you're in the know and will give it to you.
I bet you think you’re pretty cool huh

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,348 Posts
They are not shown for a charger which is what I was referring to
Ah my mistake. That is interesting because everything so far has pointed to no 3.09 option available for the RE Charger. I'd be interested in seeing your results. Dealers generally know very little tbh and there really arent hidden order options that I've ever heard of yet. I will be very surprised if your car is delivered with 3.09's. Might want to be sure they didnt do what I did and assume Challenger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,788 Posts
Don't know about Chargers and Challengers, but when asking for the full list of sales codes for a Ram there's often a lot of stuff that doesn't come up on Build and Price.

Reactions: Krazzeeddie

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
371 Posts
The 50 BMG Turret is only available in the Durango. I believe the Charger is limited to the M60, special order of course!

(Trebuchet MS font bold. "Jokerman" font seemed appropriate but not available here. I like Trebuchet because of the meaning, I have no idea how this font relates to it!)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,895 Posts
Don't know about Chargers and Challengers, but when asking for the full list of sales codes for a Ram there's often a lot of stuff that doesn't come up on Build and Price.
That's all the SEO and Upfitter stuff for construction and highway crews. They've got a bunch more colors that the average Joe doesn't know about either. One of these days I'm gonna special order a truck in one of those crazy colors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,788 Posts
It hasn't been that way when I have ordered in the past. Yes, there are specialized things, too, but quite a bit of "normal" choices that doesn't appear in Build and Price.

For example, I could order my 3500 without TPIS (TPMS was optional), and with a 3-rd brake light delete. There were other things, too, but I don't remember them now.
And the colors (beyond low volume) seems to be a sales code thing only...unless maybe if you look under Commercial.

Now, if you go to cab and chassis instead of pickup, there are a lot more interesting choices. For example, while a spare is optional, you can get 74 (52+22) gallon fuel capacity.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,895 Posts
Knew a couple guys that had special paint Rams, one was that Robin Egg Blue and the other was some kind of Yellow that looked pretty good. They've got multiple shades of most any color available mainly for fleets but you can get one if you are patient.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,788 Posts
I'm a typical boring "white works just fine" kind of guy when it comes to pickups.
And I'm sure it has helped me keep my average speed over 57 mph, despite pulling between 15,000 and 26,000 lbs. Mostly not on interstates, but on curvy 2-laners with 55-65 mph speed limits.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can say, in this case at least the person at the dealership (commercial fleet manager) knows her stuff. I had already ordered a TRX through her and she knows everything there is to know about it. She has already had 15 TRXs ordered and it seems like they are coming in daily. She also inspects each one upon delivery with her service guys.

I say that to say this, she is aware I’m referring to the charger redeye and not challenger. From what I know, aren’t the rear ends the same (Charger/challlenger) in the sense that they would use the same gears regardless of the gears being 2.62 or 3.09? On paper, I don’t see why you couldn’t order 3.09s for the charger. I mean I could just order them from mopar and have the dealer install them right, so i don’t see why the dealer couldn’t necessarily just order the car from the factory that way. I’ll keep you guys posted. Should have an order sheet soon

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,788 Posts
I mean I could just order them from mopar and have the dealer install them right, so i don’t see why the dealer couldn’t necessarily just order the car from the factory that way.
I suspect the Dodge swallows hard every time a Challenger order comes in with the optional 3.09s.
Those lower gears can't possibly help the average fuel economy any, and if they can't keep that number in check, well, we won't have any Hellcats. At least not the kind we can buy now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts