SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2017 Challenger Hellcat earlier this year. Earlier today I put the car on stands so I can install an aluminum driveshaft and differential brace. I noticed some scratches on the rear cross member and it made me wonder if the previous owner had a differential brace installed then removed it before trading the car into the dealer.

Do these scratches indicate that a differential brace was installed at some point?

Thank you,
Dean

Previous Brace 1.JPG

Previous Brace 2.JPG

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those are not rear diff brace scratches, because the brace that I have does not go out that far, but I have the same scratches:

Rear Diff Brace2.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a P4D Extreme brace which is just a beefed up version of the standard brace. I held it up in place where it goes and the scratches are wider than the brace just like your picture shows. Thank you for posting your picture.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I also have the standard brace and also the same scratches,scratches were on the car when I purchased it. It had 1400 miles on it and the dealership had no idea where the scratches came from.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Ive had both the P4D standard brace and the DIRS brace on my T/A and when I removed the DIRS to sell the car, no scratches like that or anything in that area. its not from the brace

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the same marks on my Demon and so does another Demon owner that I know. We only discovered them when we installed our diff braces.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine has those scratches also, noticed them when I installed my diff brace. Must be from transport tie down.
V1P3R is on to something...I agree, it the transport tie downs. But I did like the mustang owner comment. lol

·
Premium Member
7,861 Posts
Bastards! They got one side of my Redeye. I had to go out and disturb it and look up its butt. Got a couple tire screeches jacking it up.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Mine has those scratches also, noticed them when I installed my diff brace. Must be from transport tie down.
That would be prohibited according to FCA, the only acceptable method of securement is tire straps. Chains or any other method is never to be used. It's right on there on your shipping order so might have a case with your dealer if car was improperly secured.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Then it's from the factory conveyor that moves the driveline/cradle/car along the production floor..
I'm opening a claim that the scratches are causing speed vibration at 74mph. 🤣

1 - 19 of 19 Posts