Registered
Charger SRT 392
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD.

Pics below

Before Calico Coating.

REFERENCE on fitment to factory catted midpipes

Below is a picture from HOLMBERG MOTORSPORTS, they also stated these make 14whp over stock manifolds on Hellcat. Picture is for reference of how the ARH shorties look installed.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
sold item

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
These are nice!!! 14 HP gain aye? I assume that’s on a stock Hellcat setup, I wonder what they’d add to a already 925 wheel E85 setup that has stock exhaust yet?

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
787 Posts
These are nice!!! 14 HP gain aye? I assume that’s on a stock Hellcat setup, I wonder what they’d add to a already 925 wheel E85 setup that has stock exhaust yet?
Probably close to double addition to the stock number since you're running about double boost and E.

This is a guess, but somewhat a guestimate

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed they are very nice. I was going to use them on my 392 but unfortunately i've got another project that takes priority. My bike is a touch faster than my charger lol.

Yep, 14rwhp is what Holmberg Motorsports told me when they tested theirs on that engine in the pic, as well as Nick at ARH told me the same rwhp output on a stock hellcat. I'd imagine on a 392 with tuning 15-20whp would be practical.

As far as your setup, I'd imagine no less than 15rwhp lol. If you decide to purchase def share your results on the forums as well as with ARH. I'm sure they would like to know. Thats what these were designed for, is to accommodate those who have stock exhaust midpipes or aftermarket, who don't want to install long tubes and new mids etc..

The factory manifolds are 1-3/4 OD, so the ID is a little smaller depending on the wall thickness, so i'd say internally the stockers are around not much larger than 1-5/8.

Plus you get a better collector design, and I really like the fact that ARH uses the factory 2 bolt flanges that won't distort when you bolt them down. ARH did a really good job with these, especially where the primary tubes meet the flange. Its completely flush/smooth. So no turbulence.

This pic below is of the stock manifold inlet (right)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat RedEye
20 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
'don't forget the coating will add something there as well help keep down temps in the engine bay
Agreed, I feel at 875 people are getting a hell of a deal who originally planned on purchasing these.

I know a guy who bought a pair 2 months ago for $1063 shipped directly from ARH.

Also KOOKS now makes a pair of the same exact setup but charge $1400 which is insane.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Agreed, I feel at 875 people are getting a hell of a deal who originally planned on purchasing these.

I know a guy who bought a pair 2 months ago for $1063 shipped directly from ARH.

Also KOOKS now makes a pair of the same exact setup but charge $1400 which is insane.
yeah kooks is cooking 1400 is ridiculous. the ARH looks like a better unit as well.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SOLD. THANK YOU WPAAUTO

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah kooks is cooking 1400 is ridiculous. the ARH looks like a better unit as well.
Yeah its outrageous. Yet Kooks tested them for the 392. So the market is there apparently. People are wanting an optimized factory replacement without having to install long tubes and worry about ground clearance, purchasing new midpipes etc.

The true test is to see a dyno graph of the shorties vs long tubes on a 392 car and hellcat to see how they differ thru the curve.

This is a screen shot of the Kooks advertisement.. $200 per hp lol. For the 392 guys 7hp/20tq gains.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
325 Posts
And they appear to be CARB exempt...I definitely missed out here. Good deal to the buyer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts