SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I am asking about if i can runs his 315's on 9.5 factory rims they fit fine ?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,400 Posts
It is fine for an 11” wide wheel.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
225 Posts
Hello everybody I am asking about if i can runs his 315's on 9.5 factory rims they fit fine ?
Bro I put 305s on my 9.5" wheel and the traction and handling SUCK. The tire is NOT engineered for that RIM. No,its not going to fall off the rim, but there is a LOT of engineering that goes into a tire. When the rim is too small it distorts the shape of the tire, decreases the footprint of the tire and changes the behaviour of the sidewall.

It is NOT worth the "look" you get from the tire... your tire is your cars only form of communication with the road....inhibiting that communication when its already a weak point of the vehicle is stupid.

If you want a solution thats inexpensive....put a 6mm space on the back, and put a 285/40/20 on the stock rim. It looks beefy, its not over sized and you'll still get a wider "look" without compromising your vehicles performance. My suggestion, get a Michelin PS4 (porsche spec) in a 285/40

·
Registered
106 Posts
I JUST went down this road for a order of a complete set of tires to include 305's in the rear. I ended up getting Reproduction Hellcat rims in 10.5" to mount the 305's. You get MUCH better contact with the road!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
Yep, they're in my cart also. Did you do Performance Plus Tire for price? I'm still deciding whether to go 315 also.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am getting Michelin Pilot Sports N-Spec. Fronts are 275/40/20 and rears are 305/40/20. Rears are on 10.5” reproduction HC2’s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts