SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this crank pin kit can be installed while the engine is in the car?
I am installing a used (pre drilled for Bwoody crank pin kit) ATI 10%OD damper on a guys car.
I was going to drill his factory damper, then remove it, and install the ATI.
I see now that there is ZERO chance of me lining the marks up, so.....
I figured I could use this style kit instead.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Anybody use this type?
This is a video clip of an LS install.
I would be attempting it from below since I am not removing all the accessories.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the only pic I can find on Google and the engine is not in a car....
I called ATI 6 times yesterday, the HR manager answered the phone and hung up on me while trying to transfer to sales or tech dept. The other 5 times it just rang and sent me back to the main menu.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,945 Posts
You can install it on the car with the engine in. Mine was installed that way. You need a 90 degree drill and will have to pull your fans out.

R.K.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,945 Posts
Does anyone know if this crank pin kit can be installed while the engine is in the car?
I am installing a used (pre drilled for Bwoody crank pin kit) ATI 10%OD damper on a guys car.
I was going to drill his factory damper, then remove it, and install the ATI.
I see now that there is ZERO chance of me lining the marks up, so.....
I figured I could use this style kit instead.
Thanks
No one I know has ever used this kit to pin the crank.

R.K.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
383 Posts
This is the crank pin kit we use and sell. Much easier to install with the engine in the car than the one you are using. Crank Pin Kit - Online Store

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason I am looking to use this kit is because I am installing a predrilled bwoody pin kit ATI 10%od damper. Trying not to make swiss cheese of the damper and compromise structural integrity. Was looking to use the existing keyway with is kit.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
213 Posts
More than likely the reason not many folks are chiming in is because maybe only about 10% have done this mod and there's next to nothing posted online, so you may have to be your own pioneer in the mechanics of it..good luck sir

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up using this kit, drilling the crank on a predrilled ATI damper, and installing the bwoody crank pin kit. Double pinned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts