SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently moved over from a E55 and CLS55 AMG that ran 10s and daily driven for 70k miles. Amazing cars since they came out in 2006.
My latest purchase is a 2017 Hellcat Charger bone stock. RACEI WEER have learned quite a bit from this forum, and have compiled the follows parts to be installed:

-3.09 differential-done
-G-force 1500hp axles-done
-DIRS differential brace-done
-Grip Tech 2.78 pulley-done
-ID 1050X injectors-done
-Forgestar D5 gloss black bead locks 17x10-done
-MT ET Street R 315-50-17-done
-Tim Barth tuning-done
-Aluminum driveshaft

Let me know if that is enough for 9s? I am not doing e85 right now, just a race gas tune. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,393 Posts
Where did you buy the car? Looks just like my wife's 2017 Charger Hellcat that we traded in about 5-6 months ago.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bought it in Alpharetta GA at a dealership, how many miles did you have on it when you traded it? Do you recall the last few digits of the Vin?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,393 Posts
Bought it in Alpharetta GA at a dealership, how many miles did you have on it when you traded it? Do you recall the last few digits of the Vin?
I think it had 32k-33k miles on it when we traded it in NC. I don't recall the VIN and can't find any of the documentation at the moment with it on there. We traded the car with a catch can still on it and an aluminum one piece driveshaft still on it.

Nevermind, just noticed you have a sunroof, ours didn't have a sunroof.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Speedlogix. I am going to check out your website to see what you guys offer.

I got this one with 17K miles on it, bone stock. I will update the thread as I get things installed, this weekend it is getting the drive line goodies installed.

What cooling mods are the best?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,393 Posts
Thanks Speedlogix. I am going to check out your website to see what you guys offer.

I got this one with 17K miles on it, bone stock. I will update the thread as I get things installed, this weekend it is getting the drive line goodies installed.

What cooling mods are the best?
180 thermostat and PCM tune to turn the fans on sooner. FI Interchiller blower spacers and thermal blanket will help keep the blower cooler.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,520 Posts
On e85 yes. Will be hard on 93

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got my Hellcat back from installing the following:

-DIRS differential brace
-DSS aluminum driveshaft
-3.09 differential
-G Force 1500HP axles

All I can say is that these upgrades has made a huge impact on how the vehicle feels now.

I will start with the 3.09 differential, cruising around town it is way better, the torque multiplication creates the effect the car just lost several hundred pounds of weight. It is way more snappy, at WOT it is night and day compared to how fast it tach's and how hard it pulls. I am at the stock power level too.

That gets to my next review, the 4" DSS aluminum driveshaft, we all know it is stronger than stock but is also 5 lbs lighter.The clearance is tight but coupled with the 3.09 gear upgrade, the car feels a lot more raw, very precise snappy shifts that are crisp/sporty even in street mode. There is no humming or vibration from the upgrade, but street mode setting now feels like sport mode used to, some may find it somewhat harsh or raw in my opinion but I like it.

Last, the 1500HP axles and DIRS brace took away some of the stock sloppy feeling I felt from the rear. The brace is incredible at eliminating wheel hop, and the stiffness/beefiness of the axles keep the car more straight under load. Before I felt the rear stepped out alot harder than it does now. I could not get the rear end to hop at all, and it is in the 40's here tonight.

All in all, it has given the car a much racier/tighter feeling which I was going for.

·
Registered
Challenger SPWB 392
356 Posts
Glad the modding process is going well. It would seem to me if you had a new rear end differential installed would you not need a break in period to allow everything to settle in before putting a heavy load on it?

Good luck on your goal.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added stainless works offroad mid pipes, and boy was it worth it with the mid muffler delete. Cruising speed it is very docile but WOT, woman and kids will run for the hills along with cold starting the cat.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update, took the aluminum driveshaft out, it developed a vibration after a week. The joint from the driveshaft going into the transmission developed play. Sending it back to DSS and going with a Wiles driveshaft.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
309 Posts
Update, took the aluminum driveshaft out, it developed a vibration after a week. The joint from the driveshaft going into the transmission developed play. Sending it back to DSS and going with a Wiles driveshaft.
That’s too bad. Let us know how the Wiles shaft performs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ever get the Wiles shaft in? Thinking about one for my car.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Finished having Tim Barth tune my cat on 93, and very please with the results, 14lbs of boost! 67* in the shop today as a FYI.

20210315_134827.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
93 Posts
I recently moved over from a E55 and CLS55 AMG that ran 10s and daily driven for 70k miles. Amazing cars since they came out in 2006.
My latest purchase is a 2017 Hellcat Charger bone stock. I have learned quite a bit from this forum, and have compiled the follows parts to be installed:

-3.09 differential-done
-G-force 1500hp axles-done
-DIRS differential brace-done
-Grip Tech 2.78 pulley-done
-ID 1050X injectors-done
-Forgestar D5 gloss black bead locks 17x10-done
-MT ET Street R 315-50-17-done
-Tim Barth tuning-done
-Aluminum driveshaft

Let me know if that is enough for 9s? I am not doing e85 right now, just a race gas tune. Thanks for any advice.
I have almost the exact same power mod setup, I'm running a 2.72 Hellraiser (16psi/17 on a good day) on 91 octane and put down 715whp and 650ft/lbs. Car has no timing due to the fact I'm running so much boost on such low octane my best pass in 800ft DA was a 10.39 at 132. Ill post the slip if needed. Its quite possible to run a 9 if you get a good 60ft

1 - 20 of 25 Posts