SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,485 Posts
YOU NEED TO FIX THIS. IT HAS HAPPENED TO TWO OF US ON THIS FORUM ALREADY, THE SECOND TIME, WITH DOCUMENTED PROOF.

CHRYSLER IS TOSSING IT BACK AT THE CUSTOMERS SAYING:

HEY YOU STUPID MOTHER* IT'S NOT OUR MOTHER PROBLEM YOUR MOTHER* DEALER UP YOUR MOTHER* CAR!!!

THE DEALER IS SAYING "IT'S NOT MY MOTHER* PROBLEM WE UP YOUR EXHAUST SYSTEM. SOME MIRACLE HAPPENED BETWEEN WHEN YOU TOOK PICTURES AND WHEN WE IT UP WITH THE UP DODGE MOTHER* PARTS, BUT *** YOU ANYWAY MOTHER*!!!

YOU
NEED
TO
GET
THIS
FIXED
AT
THE
FACTORY
LEVEL.

Quit screwing up our cars and telling us it's our fault.

YOU ARE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AT FAULT AND YOU NEED TO FIX IT PROPERLY, WITH PROPERLY-FITTED PARTS AND/OR REPLACE THE ENTIRE EXHAUST SYSTEM.
First of all I think you seriously should sell your car and get a Camaro or a Mustang. Based on your Title the sky is falling at Dodge and you got screwed over to the max. If I was Dodgecares I would not deal with you at all. This thread and the accusations and the all caps title that is so imflamitory HAS ALREADY DONE DAMAGE that cannot be fixed. So why even try to help you? This thread would only modivate me to send you down the road.

#1 the dealer CANNOT fix this. The Exhaust system behind the Mids is 1 piece and the joint at the Exhaust Tips is a ball joint and cannot be adjusted in or out. So how is the dealer to blame? They do not weld up exhausts. They only R&R them. Are you telling me that they will not escalate this to a star case etc? They refuse to make a call to the area rep? Did you try another dealer?

So, yes the parts are defective. You expect FCA can just snap their fingers and have you new corrected parts out tomorrow afternoon? Absolutely not. It will take a while. Maybe even quite a while.

So BE PATIENT. Stop Trashing people because you do not get instant results to your complete satisfaction.

Did you call SRT/Dodge and open a case with them?

Did you take the car by an exhaust shop to get an estimate to fix this on your Own? Maybe it would only be $50 ? So you will trash dodge and then we hear next week you are having your mufflers or resonators removed or replaced to get a better sound and spending hundreds of dollars and it could be corrected then. Or maybe you buy a new cat back exhaust because you want a better sound and that corrects this.

But in the mean time you murder Dodge with your Thread and Title all caps over something like this. Maybe stop complaining and consider waiting until they are able to get it fixed for you or drop a few bucks and get it fixed yourself.

I don't know about you but I like my Dodge Challengers and I am a big boy and I am realistic and sometimes I have to man up and deal with some things on my own. But I do not trash Dodge. If it were up to me I would never sell you a car. Do not need customers like you at all.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I dunno, maybe yank the tips and trim a 1/4" off the end, replace and done? It isn't the apocalypse, it's a stupid steel tube.
There is not really any room at the back to do this. But maybe just in front of the muffler or up by the middle muffler you could cut the pipe, stretch the downstream section, slip it back together, adjust to length and re weld. Simple , no? Maybe a $50 job for a reputable muffler shop since it is 95% labor and will take 30 minutes.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
397 Posts
Challengers only?

I'm mad that this guy at the plant is the one aligning the Charger's rear tips. The driver's side was ALWAYS off/crooked on my 3:

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,117 Posts
First of all I think you seriously should sell your car and get a Camaro or a Mustang. Based on your Title the sky is falling at Dodge and you got screwed over to the max. If I was Dodgecares I would not deal with you at all. This thread and the accusations and the all caps title that is so imflamitory HAS ALREADY DONE DAMAGE that cannot be fixed. So why even try to help you? This thread would only modivate me to send you down the road.

#1 the dealer CANNOT fix this. The Exhaust system behind the Mids is 1 piece and the joint at the Exhaust Tips is a ball joint and cannot be adjusted in or out. So how is the dealer to blame? They do not weld up exhausts. They only R&R them. Are you telling me that they will not escalate this to a star case etc? They refuse to make a call to the area rep? Did you try another dealer?

So, yes the parts are defective. You expect FCA can just snap their fingers and have you new corrected parts out tomorrow afternoon? Absolutely not. It will take a while. Maybe even quite a while.

So BE PATIENT. Stop Trashing people because you do not get instant results to your complete satisfaction.

Did you call SRT/Dodge and open a case with them?

Did you take the car by an exhaust shop to get an estimate to fix this on your Own? Maybe it would only be $50 ? So you will trash dodge and then we hear next week you are having your mufflers or resonators removed or replaced to get a better sound and spending hundreds of dollars and it could be corrected then. Or maybe you buy a new cat back exhaust because you want a better sound and that corrects this.

But in the mean time you murder Dodge with your Thread and Title all caps over something like this. Maybe stop complaining and consider waiting until they are able to get it fixed for you or drop a few bucks and get it fixed yourself.

I don't know about you but I like my Dodge Challengers and I am a big boy and I am realistic and sometimes I have to man up and deal with some things on my own. But I do not trash Dodge. If it were up to me I would never sell you a car. Do not need customers like you at all.
OP just likes attention.
His "Hellcat" was up for sale but no pictures. He posts "It's none of your business" to see it. Except in his other thread Check out the title Young boys absolutely gushing over my car.
@16GoManGoHC already challenged the title and how it sounds.
Oh and op write to Dodge Cares on here in many threads. He like to write;)

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
There is not really any room at the back to do this. But maybe just in front of the muffler or up by the middle muffler you could cut the pipe, stretch the downstream section, slip it back together, adjust to length and re weld. Simple , no? Maybe a $50 job for a reputable muffler shop since it is 95% labor and will take 30 minutes.
Or pull the new cat pipe out and trim what's needed off there . It's pretty easy to do it . Free if you are handy and like you said maybe $50 if a shop does it .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat
73 Posts
FYI, it's not just the Challengers that this is happening on. Yesterday I took mine to a reputable exhaust shop that has done my previous 2 SRTs to get their opinion. First, there's no room to make adjustment near the back, at least not on mine. Secondly, they can see where the right pipe starting at the cat is no longer level with the left pipe like they said it should be. The rest of the way back from there the 2 pipes are level with each other, so at least to them it was clear that the misalignment is occurring where the new cats are. They were reluctant to do anything with it for warranty reasons and suggested I go back to Dodge, which I'm going to once I find some free time. It's a bit out of the way, whereas the exhaust shop is on my way home...

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
233 Posts
Same thing happened on my 16 Charger HC. Passenger side sticks out and the drivers side is further in just like the pics above. No matter what I do I can’t come close to lining it up. I have Carven tips on mine and they were perfectly flush before the recall.
If you are planning on going back to the dealership, let us know and we can escalate a case for you. A case manager will get involved and make sure everything is resolved.

The issue is a Chrysler factory issue. It is not isolated. It is due to bad parts being sent out that do not fit. The old exhaust system, bone stock, fit just fine. The new one, in an ever-growing list of victims, does not.

The issue is systemic, not on the shop floor. Dodge is sending out BAD PARTS THAT DO NOT FIT AS THE PARTS THEY ARE REPLACING FIT.

That is the issue.

If it is such an easy fix, then why has literally nobody had theirs fixed?
Since you are in Canada, you will need to work with Canadian customer care for further assistance.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,161 Posts
If you are planning on going back to the dealership, let us know and we can escalate a case for you. A case manager will get involved and make sure everything is resolved.

Since you are in Canada, you will need to work with Canadian customer care for further assistance.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares
He's Canadian? I'm embarrassed. We behave better than this. That's for replying to a hostile thread Kaitlin.

R.K.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The big problem is everyone is passing the buck . If the pipe is too long just cut it to length not a big problem but like I said no one takes pride in there work any more .
Yes, this. FCA providing bad parts, the shops slapping them in in the fastest time possible, hoping customer does not notice, then blaming customer for it.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
for what it's worth, I'm glad that this was noticed.
I have a 2016 CAT that will need the V86 recall and now I know what to look for and will show the service writer before the job gets done so that he is aware too.
You can't hate the owners of these CAT's, to many of us these vehicle cost a lot of $$$ and you sort of care a little bit more....I think.
Please don't reply if you can't afford the car get ride of it.
2cents

·
Registered
In The Market
707 Posts
Proof that Dealers are parts changers. Couldn’t make an adjustment or communicate with FCA-CDJR-Peugeot if lives depended on it.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Proof that Dealers are parts changers. Couldn’t make an adjustment or communicate with FCA-CDJR-Peugeot if lives depended on it.
Can't you guys read? This cannot be adjusted. So don't bag on the Dealer or the Tech that does the install. THERE IS NO FORWARD/BACKWARD adjustment. Also this is purely cosmetic. The dealer will not typically go to bat for you if your car is working fine. Also you have to realize that many customers will not even notice this and if they do they will not complain like their leg is being torn off by a Large Cat.

This is simply the supplier screwed the parts up. They are all welded together and they are not symmetrical. I ASSURE you they are not designed to be this way.

You have to be polite and push this with your dealer so they can escalate to a Star case or whatever. Then FCA will become aware and they will notify the Mfg. and they will have to fix production and maybe even pay to have replacements installed. Most of this will take MONTHS.

TRUE STORY: I was able to buy a SRT Demon at Sticker Price with no add ons because the Dealership Manager did not want to deal with the next customer in line. He said that this customer was constantly complaining about everything and drama. So he moved on and gave the car to me. They were the PERFECT Dealer in every way from my perspective and the transaction was flawless from start to finish. So who do you think was honest in this story? The Customer or the Manager?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
927 Posts
I have worked with FCA over an issue with my HC and there is a process. The dealer needs to be informed of the issue. Some may brush the customer off but a good one will investigate the matter. Usually a Star case follows and FCA gets notified. Area Managers will often investigate depending on the severity of the issue and it will generally escalate to quality control. This process can take months over non urgent matter. Granted to the owners, every matter is urgent but they will put more weight on a safety related issue. I am sure I missed many steps in the process but I also do not work for FCA and can only comment in the process from my personal experience.

Reactions: dragrcr

·
Registered
In The Market
707 Posts
Can't you guys read? This cannot be adjusted. So don't bag on the Dealer or the Tech that does the install. THERE IS NO FORWARD/BACKWARD adjustment. Also this is purely cosmetic. The dealer will not typically go to bat for you if your car is working fine. Also you have to realize that many customers will not even notice this and if they do they will not complain like their leg is being torn off by a Large Cat.

This is simply the supplier screwed the parts up. They are all welded together and they are not symmetrical. I ASSURE you they are not designed to be this way.

You have to be polite and push this with your dealer so they can escalate to a Star case or whatever. Then FCA will become aware and they will notify the Mfg. and they will have to fix production and maybe even pay to have replacements installed. Most of this will take MONTHS.

TRUE STORY: I was able to buy a SRT Demon at Sticker Price with no add ons because the Dealership Manager did not want to deal with the next customer in line. He said that this customer was constantly complaining about everything and drama. So he moved on and gave the car to me. They were the PERFECT Dealer in every way from my perspective and the transaction was flawless from start to finish. So who do you think was honest in this story? The Customer or the Manager?
Then the Dealer needs to take it up with Fiat. They are the go between.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,117 Posts
Who in this thread has had an actual problem with a dealership ?

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
124 Posts
I don't think this is the same recall but I have a 2015 hellcat Challenger that they did 4 recalls all at once & most of them dealing with the smog and exhaust, since they have done the recall my catalytic converters hang down way too low and scrape on everything even though my car is at stock height and they never did that before. Not only that but I almost lost a second in the quarter mile from what they did. I have went to the track four times since they did the recall and I can't even get back into the 10s,I was running mid 10s b4.... One of the main things they did in the recall was replace the catalytic converters with new ones that simply do not fit under my car. I don't know what they did to the ECU but my unlocked PCM that I got with my tuner from DiabloSport keeps throwing codes that I cannot get to go away no matter what I try.

21 - 40 of 126 Posts