SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Atturo AZ850 Tires

15K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Himmelkat 
#1 ·
I'm posting this because there wasn't a ton of info about these tires when I searched.

I have a 2016 Challenger Scat Pack 6 speed. I've had Atturo's on the car for about 500 miles or so. They are a GREAT TIRE. Great!

No, I don't have a Hellcat. Yes, I could buy one cash if I wanted to. No, i don't put 87 octane in my car. I know how tires affect a car. I know how to find the apex on every corner. I know how to heal and toe downshift. I've had 315 drag radials on 11 inch rims. I've had so many brands of tires on BMW's that i can't count. (I mention BMW because they seem to exploit bad tires). I'm not bragging, I'm saying I'm not a buffoon that doesn't have a clue about tires.

I was super apprehensive to put a non-name brand tire on my car. I've had Pirelli's before. I think they are junk. I've been consistently let down by Goodyear tires over the years. I just didn't want to spend 300 bucks a tire on Michelin Super Sports. At $125 bucks a tire, I figured I didn't have much to lose.

They handle extremely well. They give road information very well. They provide very decent traction. The tire is soft, and does flat spot after not being driven for a few days. It corrects itself after a few miles. If you're thinking about buying them, I highly recommend them. They are a good tire. Not just good for the money. There are many, many examples of brands associated with the automotive industry going from non-existent to top tier. I think this brand could be next. Just my .02 cents.

See less See more
#2 ·
So, you could buy a Hellcat cash if you wanted too.....okay. I honestly stopped reading after that., but I decided to read anyway. Totally unnecessary info. Dont think anyone would care about that and it dont make you knowledgeable about cars.....you liked the tire? Thats good to know. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

#18 ·
I could use a little extra cash. How much are u thinking for pay rate for review of your intended post before you hit the send button. I will be better at the job then Chappy. I do understand why you put the extra info in your post. You were trying to stop the rants saying if you
can't afford tires you should not own a Hellcat. Just for a heads up. You can post about some high price tires and the same guys with still criticize and and ask why you waste money on a name brand. No post is trigger proof. Somebody will perk up and slip into keyboard combat mode. I think i will post a pic and see if i land one.

#11 ·
I tried these Atturo AZ850 on my Charger Hellcat as well. I was not overly impressed and sold them off. They handled ok, definitely were not awful, but did not hook as well as I'd hoped. I dont know how well they do long-term as I didnt keep them for more than 6 months. I bought Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 after that and found them to be a better tire in every way of course at a much higher price-point.

#13 ·
Those are run flats with a speed rating of 186. I believe you have had multiple runs at or above that. Were you lucky? Yes. I rarely top 100 outside of the track and haven't had my HC above 150. There's no need for me to check the cars top speed. I've had the non run flats on my wife's SP Charger for 21k miles. No issues. I may even go with Achilles Desert Hawk UHP's for my HC fronts. A few bucks cheaper and still a highly rated all season.

#19 ·
Dave, you are 100% right, the extra info was a preemptive strike. I had seen some of the other comments about cheap tires. Side note, I don't have a hellcat for self-imposed restraint. At highway speeds, hellcats begin to fly. Getting caught going that fast would be career ending. And what's your fee for the post approvals? Can I get you on retainer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.