SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also have them on my hellcat in the rear size 315. Love them can't beat it for 150 a tire.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Have you seen the pics or video or whatever of the guy who ran them fast and the inside of the tire busted off big chunks? I wouldn't put them on my car if I was paid to.

They are Y rated, but evidently not up to Y rated speeds. If you plan on sticking to the speed limit, then they sound like a good bargain.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have you seen the pics or video or whatever of the guy who ran them fast and the inside of the tire busted off big chunks? I wouldn't put them on my car if I was paid to.

They are Y rated, but evidently not up to Y rated speeds. If you plan on sticking to the speed limit, then they sound like a good bargain.
I'm sure that if you look hard enough, you can find pictures of other tire manufacturers tires failing as well (even the big names). I can tell you this, the Atturos hook and track FAR better than the Pirelli's that were on my Hellcat before. Yes, the tires were the same sizes for both the Pirellis and the Atturos (275 front and 315 rear). I'm a happy customer 😀

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just for FYI other guy is speedy he bought the car with the atturo already on car, I believe
he doesn't know what was done to the tires maybe tire had hit pot holes on our great roads
who knows? I have had mine up to 160 with no issues I work at an airport so lots of high
speed runs with no issues I have had bad high end tires also. Chose wisely grasshopper.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,103 Posts

It wasn't Jeremy Clarkson was it?????????? :)

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat
106 Posts
I don't even see where to purchase these? Even on the Atturo website, the only online dealer that came up with Atturo tires for the Hellcat was "Tire Agent", and it listed AZ800s, not AZ850s...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wish I remembered the website I seen them at. I went to discount tire they priced match and they ordered them for me. In about 4 days they had arrived at the discount tire.

·
Registered
106 Posts
SimpleTire currently lists these tires for $206 a piece. How do they rate compared to the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500, since they're about the same price?? Also, I looked on Discount Tire and they said they're out of stock...

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's a better deal than what came up for me on Simpletire.com. For me, with 275/40R20, the total was $901.36

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Big deal man. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of pictures on the web of other well known, performance tires having structural issues...Nitto, Conti, Michelin, etc.... I've had 3 sets of the Atturos on my Scat and Hellcat. They are awesome!

View attachment 571866

View attachment 571867 View attachment 571868
It was a big deal for me, I had the car up to 185 with my boy riding shot gun the night prior to finding this, I won’t use them again even if they were FREE!! Tire pics you posted look like obvious exterior damaged tires from running something over, these tires showed absolutely nothing on the outside, I only became aware something was up when I had the car in the air for an oil change and spun the tires to clean the barrels and heard something like marbles rolling around in the tire, had 3/4 thread on them and I had no plans of changing them until I heard this noise. I had a video of it on my YouTube channel and it mysteriously disappeared, I didn’t delete it, guess big money did??

1 - 20 of 47 Posts