SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if I introduced myself when I first registered eight months ago. But in case I didn't here is breifly my story. I have been and still am a HSV owner for over 35 years and in case you guys are not aware of what HSV is or was the designated official vehicle division of GM. Now Holden does not exist because GM in their wisdom decided to close up shop here in Australia and there is a lot of political BS but lets not get into that. So HSV was like Hennesey or Callaway is to the US of A. So we Aussies didn't have much of choice choosing a muscle car after Holden closed in 2017 so GM tried bringing in the Camaros but they are not made anymore so the only choice left for a factory right hand car was the Mustang, in the Mopar range the Trackhawk and the Chrysler 300. Now they stopped importing the Chrysler 300. About a year and half a go GM announced the release of the C8 so I go and put a deposit for one and to cut a very long story short we still don't know when they are coming but I reckon by 2023 we might see it here. I got my deposit back. I didn't want a Mustang because Australia does not get the GT 500 and thats what I was looking for I can't get the C8 cause GM is fiddling their thumbs, because we are on the other side of the world yada yada yada and after looking and researching and watching 4 seasons of Graveyard Carz I decided on the Dodge Challenger R/T Hellcat Redeye. Nine months ago I commissioned an importer to find me a car and after 3 attempts he finally found one in a Porsche dealership in Woodland Hills in the colour and configuration I wanted. Now that turned out to be a drama I will never forget and cost me a lot of grief and heartache but the bottom line is they put this car on sale after the guy traded it for a Porsche without obtaining a clean title. It took months and they blamed covid for it but I blame them for being totally incompetent but lets move on. The car finally reached Brisbane Australia on the 2nd of January. This broker is 12 hours away, I live in Sydney so it took over 2 months to get converted to right hand drive and last Saturday I finally get my beloved Redeye in B5 blue in a closed trailer from Brisbane. The car is beyond my expectations and I also own one of those HSV's I mentioned before the fastest production utes in the world but this is in a totally different class altogether. I have never driven anything so powerful and when I chose this car I have never ever seen one before so never been in one and only seen numerous videos on it and I knew that was the car for me. So thank you America for building a car like this, I have only owned one full blown American muscle car back in the early 80's a 1969 Mustang Mach 1.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,121 Posts
I usually am not a fan of American muscle cars going overseas..... but in your case, I can already see the passion and love this car will receive. Enjoy!

Remember to feed her three times a day. She loves mustangs, camaros, and any exotic treat you can find..... I'm sure the HSVs as well.

b56c2264f71d0e5c72c6efe2752c783a.gif

Reactions: Mrhsv1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually am not a fan of American muscle cars going overseas..... but in your case, I can already see the passion and love this car will receive. Enjoy!

Remember to feed her three times a day. She loves mustangs, camaros, and any exotic treat you can find..... I'm sure the HSVs as well.

View attachment 570015
I do understand your somewhat reservation on cars going overseas but dont forget cars get exported all the time and also some of your guys have imported a few of those HSV Maloo utes and made them to comply according to US rules and regulations. But I do love your advice on how to keep the cat fed although our traffic laws have become draconian in the last few years.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,884 Posts
You have certainly earned that car and luckily for you that car will not be a disappointment in any kind of way. Would it be possible to post some interior pics? I'm super curious to see how it was converted and do some comparisons just for fun. Congrats and let the fun begin, you picked the right vehicle. Soon to be a legend considering EV's are just about here. These are the cars that your kids will remember as adults and lust over someday like we did with the oldies before these came out lol. Good times.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Life long GM guy here from another colony.

There is nothing quiet like these supercharged HEMIs, eh?

Congrats!
Every single video I have seen over the last year has said the smile it brings to their face every time they press that starter button. That says something about that car, no matter what other badge you own or passionate about.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
966 Posts
Every single video I have seen over the last year has said the smile it brings to their face every time they press that starter button. That says something about that car, no matter what other badge you own or passionate about.
This video was confirmation I was making the right choice:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have certainly earned that car and luckily for you that car will not be a disappointment in any kind of way. Would it be possible to post some interior pics? I'm super curious to see how it was converted and do some comparisons just for fun. Congrats and let the fun begin, you picked the right vehicle. Soon to be a legend considering EV's are just about here. These are the cars that your kids will remember as adults and lust over someday like we did with the oldies before these came out lol. Good times.
Sure I can but before I do let me that there are at least five or six converters here in Australia and they all say they have their own secrets on how to do the conversion thats why there are differences between them. I mainly wanted the T-bar and the selector switch on the right hand side and they did that but not the cupholder and the center console lid. The Mustangs that get converted from the factory to right hand and still the cupholders are still facing the wrong way. This process costs the amazing amount of $41500 AUD.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
648 Posts
I am not sure if I introduced myself when I first registered eight months ago. But in case I didn't here is breifly my story. I have been and still am a HSV owner for over 35 years and in case you guys are not aware of what HSV is or was the designated official vehicle division of GM. Now Holden does not exist because GM in their wisdom decided to close up shop here in Australia and there is a lot of political BS but lets not get into that. So HSV was like Hennesey or Callaway is to the US of A. So we Aussies didn't have much of choice choosing a muscle car after Holden closed in 2017 so GM tried bringing in the Camaros but they are not made anymore so the only choice left for a factory right hand car was the Mustang, in the Mopar range the Trackhawk and the Chrysler 300. Now they stopped importing the Chrysler 300. About a year and half a go GM announced the release of the C8 so I go and put a deposit for one and to cut a very long story short we still don't know when they are coming but I reckon by 2023 we might see it here. I got my deposit back. I didn't want a Mustang because Australia does not get the GT 500 and thats what I was looking for I can't get the C8 cause GM is fiddling their thumbs, because we are on the other side of the world yada yada yada and after looking and researching and watching 4 seasons of Graveyard Carz I decided on the Dodge Challenger R/T Hellcat Redeye. Nine months ago I commissioned an importer to find me a car and after 3 attempts he finally found one in a Porsche dealership in Woodland Hills in the colour and configuration I wanted. Now that turned out to be a drama I will never forget and cost me a lot of grief and heartache but the bottom line is they put this car on sale after the guy traded it for a Porsche without obtaining a clean title. It took months and they blamed covid for it but I blame them for being totally incompetent but lets move on. The car finally reached Brisbane Australia on the 2nd of January. This broker is 12 hours away, I live in Sydney so it took over 2 months to get converted to right hand drive and last Saturday I finally get my beloved Redeye in B5 blue in a closed trailer from Brisbane. The car is beyond my expectations and I also own one of those HSV's I mentioned before the fastest production utes in the world but this is in a totally different class altogether. I have never driven anything so powerful and when I chose this car I have never ever seen one before so never been in one and only seen numerous videos on it and I knew that was the car for me. So thank you America for building a car like this, I have only owned one full blown American muscle car back in the early 80's a 1969 Mustang Mach 1. View attachment 570014
Congrats and America says thank you 😊
I’ve always wanted to take a trip to Australia it’s on my bucket list for sure nice garage and that blue hellcat is like the icing on the cake (be sure to check for foundation cracks )that hellcat can do some damage on start up
It’s nice to see the other side of the world loves this cars like we do it keeps the earth well balanced 😊

1 - 20 of 23 Posts