SRT Hellcat Forum banner

401 - 420 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Question: are they forged in one shot, only machining is the lip and offset, or they "rotary flow forged" forged, or carved from a standard forged blob?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Also, question: KL12's in 20X10 front and 20X13 rear, front offset to fit whatever will be under the fender lip on a stock Challenger Hellcat, rear whatever will make outer lip match position of a 20X11 that has a 21mm offset.

Is this possible? Are they safe to 250mph? How much do they weigh?

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
So the wheels are forged monoblock 6061-T6 Material

Is your car a widebody or a stock narrow body a 13" will be very hard to fit

Recommendation is

20x10
20x11 for the Narrow body

If you have a widebody its different, and the weight will be based on the fitment so I would need to know that sir.

I havent had a issue with the current fastest Hellcat Challenger that has the record for the standing mile at 217+ ( we did the BC Wheels for him)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Thanks for your recommendation.

You didn't actually directly answer one of my questions.

KL12's
20X10's How much do they weigh?
Have they been spin tested to 250mph?

and 20X13 rear, (for offset which will make outside edge and tire clear the inside lip of the fender, keeping in mind that 20X11's work with a 21mm offset, to help with the math/measurements.)
How much do they weigh?
Have they been spin tested to 250mph?

What is the offset of a 20X10 that will fit the front fender of the hellcat?

Additional question: without lowering the car, how big of a tire can I put ON said 20X10 up front?

What is the offset of a rear 20X13 that will fit under the edge of the fender?

I know they don't fit without modification of the inside of the fender well/floorpan/whatever.

By finding the dimensions, including whatever offset would fit the OUTSIDE edge under the edge of the fender, I can have a place to start to know how much I would need to modify the inside of the fender well to get the tires in there. I consider flares to be obnoxious and peurile.

I don't want any surprises at 220mph, though I don't say I'm planning to go that fast, BUT if one experiences wheelspin while already at a high speed, then wheel RPM can rapidly rise, which is why I asked if they have been spin tested to 250, (with a tire mounted, preferably.)

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
They do not spin wheels to 250 MPH with a tire sir, no company does. There is only one known machine that does that and it is owned by Michelin tires in Georgia that is where they tested the tires for the Buggati Chiron.

Offsets for the front would be a ET 20

For the rear you would actually need to tub the vehicle first then do measurements then a wheel is produced for that tub.
Front weights are ~22 lbs

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Wow, so light. That is very impressive. Most of the aftermarket wheels I have encountered are slightly- to- MUCH heavier than the stockers.

Ah, tubs. Part of the fun is making the tubs look factory, not the tin-can-on-steroids look of most tubs. Not a lot would be required, as far as extra clearance, but then there is body unit strength retention, torsional rigidity, crash safety, etc.

BTW, here's a marketing suggestion to give you a leg up on the other guys:

Take a few pics of a hellcat from various angles, with green-screen disks over the wheels.

Then, position (with a jig for camera position and wheel position) your wheels in the same spot, with green screen everywhere but the faces of the wheels.

Then you can cut-and-paste your various wheels onto the same pics of Challengers or whatever, and do it with minimum fuss. Just select green, change it to transparent, done.

That way you can have the "this is how it looks on your car" feature that the Big Boys such as Tire Rack use.

401 - 420 of 444 Posts