SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took someone’s advice after posting the thread about how the car feels a little “sluggish “ after getting used to it . As indicated by another board member - switching the trans to sport mode makes the car feel way faster/snappier !!! What a blast ! It is however hard to get used to so far , will this take some time ? What settings do you guys generally use for day to day driving ..?? I probably sound like a total lame with these threads but hey , what’s the old saying ? No such thing as a stupid question ? Lol

·
Registered
2017 Challenger A8 Hellcat
19 Posts
Sacrilege! After two months of ownership with 50/50 driving of an old 6.0 ford and the HC, I am experimenting with the 500 HP 60 mile commute both ways with the HC, just for fuel consumption. Blew a yellow/red light with the Pzero-greased doughnuts on fire and started wondering if I really need that HP locally when it isn't a Sunday. Hoping to gain an mpg maybe two during the new anti-dino adim. Updates may follow after a Conti shopping express. There is no "sluggish" in your HC, there is a learning curve to respect the HP this car has, and the ability to burn dino remains after the fact.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, I took someone’s advice after posting the thread about how the car feels a little “sluggish “ after getting used to it . As indicated by another board member - switching the trans to sport mode makes the car feel way faster/snappier !!! What a blast ! It is however hard to get used to so far , will this take some time ? What settings do you guys generally use for day to day driving ..?? I probably sound like a total lame with these threads but hey , what’s the old saying ? No such thing as a stupid question ? Lol
I usually cruise around in sport. When I want to go fast, my custom mode is set to track mode for everything except the suspension which I keep in sport. I have a full eibach pro kit so it's stiff enough for me in sport. I only use street mode if I'm sitting in traffic or if the road is shitty so the suspension will soften up. I get what you're saying about it feeling sluggish as far as the trans goes when you have it in street mode. It seems a little reluctant to drop gears quickly when you step on it. Sport and track trans modes get rid of that though!

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,876 Posts
Custom mode.

Street everything except trans in Track.
Super snappy but no harsh ride.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,160 Posts
I ran the same but Trans in Sport.

Doesn't running in Track lock out 8th gear?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
227 Posts
I ran the same but Trans in Sport.

Doesn't running in Track lock out 8th gear?

Locked out of 8th in auto/drive but you can manually shift it into 8th and keep in there in manual mode.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,331 Posts
Are the 16's different? I run sport everything because its the softest suspension and has the most body roll. Street TC and suspension feels too limited and makes my car feel like its about to break whenever it spins the wheel once.

·
Registered
18 Charger Hellcat
207 Posts
I run the same settings as I do when on the strip. Trans in Track, Suspension in Street, Traction in Sport.
Street is the softest suspension setting for our cars. 8th gear? What's that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,160 Posts
Are the 16's different? I run sport everything because its the softest suspension and has the most body roll. Street TC and suspension feels too limited and makes my car feel like its about to break whenever it spins the wheel once.
Sport is the mid range suspension setting, default Steet is the softest.

So you can set everything to Sport except for suspension and traction and save that as your Custom mode, and that will give you the same quick shifting but with the softest ride.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
STREET everything, except trans in SPORT. I don't need the trans hanging on to each gear that long.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
864 Posts
Street everything. If I want to get Sporty or Tracky, I use Manual Shift with the Paddles/Shifter both up and down.

Street also maintains both Stability Control and Traction Control capabilities. Also when I accelerate, my acceleration rate keeps the rear wheels hooked up with no wheel spin. To me, this is more fun and skillful than spinning the wheels. :)

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,331 Posts
Sport is the mid range suspension setting, default Steet is the softest.

So you can set everything to Sport except for suspension and traction and save that as your Custom mode, and that will give you the same quick shifting but with the softest ride.

Stick car, shifting is always race mode lol

Thanks for the knowledge, had no idea. figured sport was softest because thats the best for roll racing traction wise, allows the car to buck well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts