SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,193 Posts
fair and balanced article. They normally slant one way or the other. I knew going into it that the 8 speed was the faster way to go but I had a paddle shift Z-51 Corvette a few years ago and after a summer or two with it always wished for the manual trans. So I did not want to have the same problem again. The 2007 Vettes were faster with the Manuals than autos. The reverse is true with the Hellcat because of the aggressive gearing with 2 extra gears, so either choice is a good one.
or if you can't decide get one of each!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
512 Posts
Good article. I was torn on this when I placed my order, but ultimately went with the automatic. I still think I will regret it at times as the stick would add to the experience. Either way though, the cat will be fun as hell to drive!

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Yep, great article, but as others said my mind was made up the second I saw the car in the magazine! Gotta have a 6 speed for added entertainment!! LOL;)

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
I am sure once the first Hellcat comes in you will be a loyal "Hellcat owner", doesn't that put you to the top of the list for second allocation? with discount?
I already asked my dealer if I sold 3 was mine free? He did not respond cause I already sold 3 cars for him this month...o_O Just from me driving my car around and bragging about how much I love it! Wait till I get the Hellcat, I should get commissions then! LOL:)

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,193 Posts
I already asked my dealer if I sold 3 was mine free? He did not respond cause I already sold 3 cars for him this month...o_O Just from me driving my car around and bragging about how much I love it! Wait till I get the Hellcat, I should get commissions then! LOL:)
Free gas, oil changes, car detailing. but I am sure the dealer is frugal so you will get a "thanks"

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
After riding in the stick at Gas Monkey Live this past weekend while my girlfriend was riding in the auto, in a drag race beside me...a couple of months of waffling, I made my mind up. The blonde rowing the gears in the stick, whipped the automatic 90% of the time, on radial tires, unprepared surface (parking lot), non-stop, for 4+ hours. Now reading this article, hazing the tires on 4th gear shifts at speeds over 100mph. Yea baby.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
After riding in the stick at Gas Monkey Live this past weekend while my girlfriend was riding in the auto, in a drag race beside me...a couple of months of waffling, I made my mind up. The blonde rowing the gears in the stick, whipped the automatic 90% of the time, on radial tires, unprepared surface (parking lot), non-stop, for 4+ hours. Now reading this article, hazing the tires on 4th gear shifts at speeds over 100mph. Yea baby.
That is awesome. I never questioned my choice on the 6 speed, but I am glad to hear your story!;) Reinforces my choice.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.