SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my DSS drive shaft and new break pads and rotors and while doing this I realized my passenger rear axle was slinging grease and needs to be replaced. DSS offers a single axle and a double. Can I get away with buying the single for now and seeing what happens with the driver side or do I bite the bullet and buy both? Not worried about the labor cuz I have a lift and will do the work myself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just passenger side. I was thinking the same thing but if I’m already going to do that I might as well just swap them plus I’m getting ready to start my build to 900+rwhp so maybe a good idea to change them while I have a reason to and before they actually break

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Buy GForce axles, I think their Renagade series is as good if not better the DSS Stage 5 1400 hp ones and if you can afford them buy their Outlaw axles and you’ll never buy another set. I’m on my third set of DSS ones, rebuilt 3 times under warranty, out of the car more then in the car. When I buy new ones it will be GForce outlaws unless DSS ever releases their secret no bolts axles I may try them depending on cost.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy GForce axles, I think their Renagade series is as good if not better the DSS Stage 5 1400 hp ones and if you can afford them buy their Outlaw axles and you’ll never buy another set. I’m on my third set of DSS ones, rebuilt 3 times under warranty, out of the car more then in the car. When I buy new ones it will be GForce outlaws unless DSS ever releases their secret no bolts axles I may try them depending on cost.
Nice. I was looking at them too. Only mentioned DSS cuz they offer a single axle and 25% less than the Gforce but I’m glad you said something about your experience with the DSS. Might take your advice

·
Registered
54 Posts
After 2x I think I would've moved on haha however I understand with the warranty on them.

I'll be going with the renegades when I upgrade mine. Anyone have any problems with them?

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,029 Posts
Redeye/Demon axles are another option. They're VERY durable, downside is that they can't be rebuilt.

·
Premium Member
2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
364 Posts
MY18 and up Widebody and Redeye uses the same axle as Demon, the spline is different on regular HC...

·
Premium Member
2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
364 Posts
I can't rememb er the spline count, but if you are changing to 3.09 pumpkin, try to get a redeye or WB one, axles will fit with no issue.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,029 Posts
@Blkout would Demon axles fit my ‘15 M6 Challenger? Btw, I’ve already made a driveshaft upgrade. Thanks
The axles will fit any year. The spline count is different internally, the external splines are the same as all year Hellcats so they will work in any Hellcat model and year.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,029 Posts
What are the ratings on the demon axles compared to GF or DSS? Any accounts of them breaking?
Every axle choice available has been broken at some point. The Demon/Redeye axles seem to be as durable if not more than some of the aftermarket choices.

Reactions: DGatzby and 2fast4u
1 - 15 of 15 Posts