SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
explain please
It made plenty of power, love the 8k RPM redline. Other than that there just wasn’t much to be desired for me. Pain in the ass to work on, not a super high quality vehicle outside of the engine (coyote is an outstanding platform), and honestly there’s just not a special feeling having a Mustang since they’re absolutely everywhere. Also, this may be just me but the exhaust is obnoxious in those cars with headers on them too.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nice looking pair of whips OP. Welcome back, and don’t let it happen again!
Thanks very much! And yeah there’s no chance I’m leaving for another platform again. Buying an extra car that isn’t Mopar? Sure. But never trying to replace it again. I would 100% own another 1LE in the future for road course racing

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Congrats. Love the His and Hers F8's
Thanks! Couldn’t believe my wife wanted the Jeep. She always enjoys going to Bandimere and riding in my car, but she’s never really wanted one for herself until this one.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Well after the worst mistake of my automotive life (selling my plum crazy 2018 Charger Hellcat) and trying to fill the void with a few other cars.. I’m back to Mopar and there’s no place like home.

Had an 840 whp Mustang and a 2018 ZL1 1LE over the past year, and the Charger just can’t be beat for my situation. The 1LE is an absolutely amazing car, complete weapon on the track. The Mustang won’t be missed by anyone. But after finding a 2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye in F8 green.. the same dealer also happened to have a Grand Cherokee SRT in F8 green. This is the first time my wife has ever shown interest in having her own performance vehicle, and she never lets me do this type of thing for her.

So without further ado…

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,365 Posts
Dude I feel your pain. I had a 19 redeye and thought I needed a gt500 because of all the amazing reviews and I even went for the carbon track pack. After 1800 Miles I was done with the mustang. Sure it is more refined, handles like nothing else and stops better than most cars in the world but guess what? IT WAS BORING TO DRIVE!! I didn't like the power delivery, no torque. I ordered a 21 superstock and shouldn't have ever sold my redeye. The hellcat is special and if you haven't owned one you'll never understand.
I haven't driven a GT500 yet but I do have a local friend that has one though and had a Demon prior to it. He's owned a lot of high performance cars, even a Ferrari at one point and he says the GT500 is the most enjoyable car he's ever owned. As for me, having owned several Hellcats, even a highly modified one, I thought I may never enjoy any car as much as I did the Hellcats, but I bought a 2021 Camaro ZL1 and I don't miss the Hellcats at all. I think sometimes, some cars just resonate better with certain people. I think the Hellcat is a fantastic ride in all forms, I've owned the Charger Hellcat, Challenger Hellcat, and now a Durango Hellcat, but the ZL1 is just what makes me excited to drive every time I get the chance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't driven a GT500 yet but I do have a local friend that has one though and had a Demon prior to it. He's owned a lot of high performance cars, even a Ferrari at one point and he says the GT500 is the most enjoyable car he's ever owned. As for me, having owned several Hellcats, even a highly modified one, I thought I may never enjoy any car as much as I did the Hellcats, but I bought a 2021 Camaro ZL1 and I don't miss the Hellcats at all. I think sometimes, some cars just resonate better with certain people. I think the Hellcat is a fantastic ride in all forms, I've owned the Charger Hellcat, Challenger Hellcat, and now a Durango Hellcat, but the ZL1 is just what makes me excited to drive every time I get the chance.
I had a 2017 zl1 and liked the car, I'd take it over the gt500 all day. It's all dependent on the type of driving you do and where you live. The roads are not great here in Washington state so the gt500 isn't a good choice. The tires on gt500 are dangerous for our climate. I've always said the zl1 bang for buck can't be beat and for only 650 hp it's fast!! I ran 11.03 at 128 in my zl1 bone stock and with a tune and pulley it went [email protected] 135 on stock tires.

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,365 Posts
I had a 2017 zl1 and liked the car, I'd take it over the gt500 all day. It's all dependent on the type of driving you do and where you live. The roads are not great here in Washington state so the gt500 isn't a good choice. The tires on gt500 are dangerous for our climate. I've always said the zl1 bang for buck can't be beat and for only 650 hp it's fast!! I ran 11.03 at 128 in my zl1 bone stock and with a tune and pulley it went [email protected] 135 on stock tires.
That's pretty good, mine is a FBO ZL1, 10 speed auto. Rotofab Big Gulp intake, ATI balancer and lower pulley, Kong ported blower, NW 103mm TB, Kooks 2" headers, Kooks green high flow cats, AWE catback exhaust, tuned by Vengeance Racing. Haven't run it at the track but I feel confident it should be in the low 10s in the upper 130's in the 1/4.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
336 Posts
Well after the worst mistake of my automotive life (selling my plum crazy 2018 Charger Hellcat) and trying to fill the void with a few other cars.. I’m back to Mopar and there’s no place like home.

Had an 840 whp Mustang and a 2018 ZL1 1LE over the past year, and the Charger just can’t be beat for my situation. The 1LE is an absolutely amazing car, complete weapon on the track. The Mustang won’t be missed by anyone. But after finding a 2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye in F8 green.. the same dealer also happened to have a Grand Cherokee SRT in F8 green. This is the first time my wife has ever shown interest in having her own performance vehicle, and she never lets me do this type of thing for her.

So without further ado…
That is just plain awesome...good for both of you!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
My ZL1 1LE was an incredibly enjoyable car to drive. Especially on track, but even just canyon/back road cruising. I would love to own another one in the near future, it would just be in addition to the redeye instead of a replacement.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts