SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else's back up camera terrible? Its extremely blury but at night.....man that thing is horrific. It blinks and flashes like something out of a horror movie. Can't help but feel that when im looking at it something is going to jump out at me or pop through the screen. Its bad. Ill try and post some pics tonight.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
I'm not impressed with mine. Have an Audi and a BMW with pretty nice backup Cameras.

The picture in the HC camera stinks. I haven't checked to see if there is any brightness or contrast but it stinks and it's aweful at night.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
On my '14 Charger R/T with the LED lights across the back the camera picks that up and I get a red hue, looks terrible. I'm sure the 2015 is the same

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
I know this should be fairly obvious, but make sure the damn lens is clean. It will obviously affect picture quality. That said, a camera without an external light source can only do so much at night... take your phone out and don't let it's flash LED light up and take a video, how much detail does it have? Same thing...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
I know this should be fairly obvious, but make sure the damn lens is clean. It will obviously affect picture quality. That said, a camera without an external light source can only do so much at night... take your phone out and don't let it's flash LED light up and take a video, how much detail does it have? Same thing...
I can't speak for anyone else but trust me my lense is CLEAN! I'm comparing this camera to other cars I have an it's subpar by a long shot. Don't get me wrong. I love my Hellcat but I call a spade a spade.

Reactions: Benshellcat

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
mine is pretty bad if there's dirt on it. i wipe it and it's clear again but it is a bit fuzzy at night time since i dont think it comes night vision or infrared or enough Luxems or whatever.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
During the night I have the same issue. At night there is something very wrong as you described as above. I will try to post a video, but there are lines and noise all over at night. Clear during the day. Is there an illumination system as part of the camera? The interference seems to be related to the cars rumble.. something loose maybe?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I thought it was pretty crappy in the 2015 392 I test drove.

I pride myself in being able to back into spaces without the help of cameras but it'll still be nice to have as a way to double check your work! The beeps are more helpful than the cam I find.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Anybody else's back up camera terrible? Its extremely blury but at night.....man that thing is horrific. It blinks and flashes like something out of a horror movie. Can't help but feel that when im looking at it something is going to jump out at me or pop through the screen. Its bad. Ill try and post some pics tonight.
Mine does not blink or flash. I don't have anything to compare it to, but mine is pretty clear and already saved my bacon from a little kid on a bike that I could not see backing out of my driveway. :)

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
During the night I have the same issue. At night there is something very wrong as you described as above. I will try to post a video, but there are lines and noise all over at night. Clear during the day. Is there an illumination system as part of the camera? The interference seems to be related to the cars rumble.. something loose maybe?
Nope, I do not have that issue. Sounds like something with connection.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,661 Posts
I am not overly impressed with the backup camera clarity, either. The HellCat's picture is large, but not extremely clear (my husband's Milan Hybrid has a small, but VERY clear backup camera). It is, however, better than nothing. My 2013 392 did not have a backup camera at all. Not like I am going to send Dante back over the camera picture. :D

April

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
737 Posts
This is an old thread, however, I wanted to know if anyone had a better backup camera to recommend to Hellcat owners. The stock camera, at night or in the rain is close to useless.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.