SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since yesterday i have had strange noises from the engine or from the supercharger
it sounds like a squeal from the brakes
it is only when it is warm and it squeaks every 5 seconds
i sprayed the belts with silicone but the noise came after the first throttle was idle again

car has been 11k miles ...

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,542 Posts
Another car manifested a faint chirp at idle. Turned out to be a bad idler roller bearing.

If you want to before you take the car in you can try to ID the source of the noise. I had a mechanic's stethoscope in my toolbox that was handy for this. Be very careful around the running engine and its accessory drive/supercharger drive systems.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,301 Posts
since yesterday i have had strange noises from the engine or from the supercharger
it sounds like a squeal from the brakes
it is only when it is warm and it squeaks every 5 seconds
i sprayed the belts with silicone but the noise came after the first throttle was idle again

car has been 11k miles ...
tensioner pulley died on mine and sounded the same. Put a long screwdriver to it, and then your ear to hear the vibration.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you think it's the blower pulley or a other?

another question ... can i start the engine wirhout the supercharger belt

Thank you for answer

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,301 Posts
do you think it's the blower pulley or a other?

another question ... can i start the engine wirhout the supercharger belt

Thank you for answer
I think its the tensioner one, since you don't have constant issues, a S/C bearing being bad would always make a noise, the off/on issue leads me to believe its not the blower. and you cannot unfortunately as its your means of intake air.

I would take the belt off and spin the tensioner and idler with your hand, and see if you can feel friction

1 - 6 of 6 Posts