SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I read on these forums (can't find the post) that Tim Barth and AJ were collaborating on a system for allowing for bleed off for the Supercharger for our cars. This would allow for a street tune with lower boost, and a race tune with higher boost. This is something I'm pretty interested in, but haven't seen anymore information on this. Is this still in the works?

Thanks

·
HOTM Winner
3,693 Posts
This was talked about around a year ago.

Would be pretty cool to see it come to light.

Considering the supercharger bypass is a big part of our cars, using as a boost controller would be awesome.

Keep one pulley on the car for race setup and just have the bypass bleed off a preset amount of boost so you could still run it on street and pump gas, then when you run race gas flip a switch and boom full power.

·
Vendor
178 Posts
I did it a while back with mixed results. Some cars refuse to go into power enrich in 500 hp mode. I dug to see if I could figure out why but was unsuccessful. Haven't really had time to dig back into it.

I know they discussed doing the ho thing like the demon in the redeyes which would be cool. I don't think that stalled because AJ couldn't figure it out, the center stack from the demons is about impossible to get(like all demon parts) which would mean putting a ton of time into developing a tune that requires an unobtainable piece is pretty pointless.

263 Posts
I did it a while back with mixed results. Some cars refuse to go into power enrich in 500 hp mode. I dug to see if I could figure out why but was unsuccessful. Haven't really had time to dig back into it.

I know they discussed doing the ho thing like the demon in the redeyes which would be cool. I don't think that stalled because AJ couldn't figure it out, the center stack from the demons is about impossible to get(like all demon parts) which would mean putting a ton of time into developing a tune that requires an unobtainable piece is pretty pointless.
You would be correct , Aj has it working perfectly. The stacks aren’t available so Aj is having buttons produced for HO.
The bleeding boost is working too, AJ had to do his thing in the software to make it work too.
I was like you, I had some cars it worked on and some it didn’t. AJ found the hard code to make it work on all year models.

·
HOTM Winner
3,693 Posts
You would be correct , Aj has it working perfectly. The stacks aren’t available so Aj is having buttons produced for HO.
The bleeding boost is working too, AJ had to do his thing in the software to make it work too.
I was like you, I had some cars it worked on and some it didn’t. AJ found the hard code to make it work on all year models.
This is pretty cool. I haven’t been able to read or hear about a detailed write up on this because there just isn’t much on it. Very curious to see what the specific application was used for and if successful, how is the customer using the car?

What real world street or race applications is it used for?

·
Vendor
178 Posts
That's what I figured happened. I started to look into it but once I realized how hard the stacks are to get I decided it wasn't worth the effort.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Tim, that sounds pretty great. I've got a Demon, so the button thing isn't an issue for me. Who would I contact about finding out about getting a setup like this for my Demon? Would that be you or AJ?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Man...boost bleed would be awesome...

...but it only takes 10min to change pulley/tune as-is.

If it works seamlessly in conjunction with flex fuel that would be the cat's ass.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's what I figured happened. I started to look into it but once I realized how hard the stacks are to get I decided it wasn't worth the effort.
You don't need the stack or button ..the Tazer can give any command you want. Bottom line you don't need the Demon "HO"switch, just a Can Bus command..heck any Can Bus tool will work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts