SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have both a Barton and Hurst shifter from my 6-spd Challenger for sale. The Hurst has the 440 Rod upgrade and a pistol grip shifter has about 10k miles on it, and a Barton that has about about 9k on it. I didn't even think about selling them on here but their websites show they will also work on the '15 Challengers. Would like $450 obo for either one.

Hurst Competition Plus 2 Shifter 09-14 Challenger 6-Speed - Still Have
Hurst Titanium HardDrive Stick Shift Handle 09-14 Challenger 6-Speed

Barton Industries - Challenger PRODUCTS - Cincinnatus NY - SOLD

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have done a price drop since I posted, that's why I put OBO lol. But I am gone until July now so it will have to wait until then anyway :(

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good, i should be back in the states the mid of July and in CA a week or so later. I won't be back all that long before leaving again, so having a couple people interested will def help me out when i am home. Thanks for the interest

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not yet, just got back into the country today, and will get to CA in a couple weeks, i will get it, take some pics and get in touch with whomever wants it first :)

·
Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!?
Challenger SRT Hellcat
771 Posts
Welcome back to the good old US of A Aaron. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
3 Posts
Hi,
did you think there was much difference between the hurst and barton? Which did you like better? Why?

Thanks

yea sold it about a month ago before I went over seas

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmm, kind of tough to say actually. IMO they are geared for different driving styles. The Hurst is more of a DD setup, its really comparable to the stock one, just a little shorter and tighter. I really liked how it felt driving it everyday, and once I upgraded the shaft on it from the stock piece to the stronger piece, it was even better. The Barton is still good for DD, but it does require a tad more effort , mainly when you are going over to 5th, 6th. Its def a really strong and solid unit. But it also setup more for banging the gears, racing type. Its a great shifter, they just play to 2 different sides of the market. If you quick shift, 1/4 race a decent amount, the barton is great especially for the 2-3 shift. If you do primarily DD with some spirited driving, I'd like the Hurst. Really just depends what you do with it, again both are great. I upgraded to the Barton at MATS a couple years ago when I broke my Hurst and I needed a shifter haha. That is also when I went and upgraded the Hurst with the "440 mod". Basically a separate company machined a better stronger shaft that didn't have the same shear point the Hurst did.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.