SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has a base HC with zero options added to see what its curb weight is vs a full optioned out HC by chance?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
947 Posts
37 lbs. difference. Jus kidding:D. IDK.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,268 Posts
Only weights I know are these because of the Demon,

4 lbs - manual steering column
24 lbs - standard 6-speaker radio

I'm guessing the cloth seats without ventilation might save 8 lbs and the lack of driver convenience group might save another 6 lbs, tech group maybe 2 more lbs.

If you delete the rear seat that's 55 lbs.

So just the base weight difference alone not that much, maybe 45 lbs or so. But add the rear seat delete and you're over 100 lbs lighter.

Some other weight to save ..

12 lbs - remove trunk cover
5 lbs - remove tire pump
4.5 lbs - remove floor mats

If you already have the Harman Kardon if you remove the rear subs, that will save 14 lbs.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
Go on South Beach Diet with that little hottie in the bikini and the Southern twang and you don’t need to worry about any stinking options.,

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
247 Posts
Man, I love my options. Keeps me comfortable and feeling like a King ---
I will let the ol` girl have a few love handles on her to keep me smiling......

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,337 Posts
Have a good looking talented 120 lb or less person drive it. For me saves in excess of 80 lbs!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don;t know exactly how much, but I think the sun roof is like 60 lbs?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,268 Posts
Don;t know exactly how much, but I think the sun roof is like 60 lbs?
Closer to 25 lbs. Someone weighed all the sunroof parts and was in the mid 20 lb range. Maybe there's a little extra reinforcement up there but not much.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Closer to 25 lbs. Someone weighed all the sunroof parts and was in the mid 20 lb range. Maybe there's a little extra reinforcement up there but not much.

Thanks, I thought that would be heavier...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,268 Posts
Thanks, I thought that would be heavier...
It really should be. The glass should be a heavy double pane laminated for strength and safety but instead they use a light weight single pane tempered that weighs only 11 lbs. The frame support and motor weigh another 14 lbs.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It really should be. The glass should be a heavy double pane laminated for strength and safety but instead they use a light weight single pane tempered that weighs only 11 lbs. The frame support and motor weigh another 14 lbs.

That is super light for a sunroof. I can't have one anyway being 6'3" my hair is rubbing the roof not to mention I would never be able to wear a helmet...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,198 Posts
That is super light for a sunroof. I can't have one anyway being 6'3" my hair is rubbing the roof not to mention I would never be able to wear a helmet...
Yes, the headroom sucks. I don’t like sun roofs. My first cars were all convertibles. Sun roofs are are poor substitute.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, the headroom sucks. I don’t like sun roofs. My first cars were all convertibles. Sun roofs are are poor substitute.
Yep! It's weird how big the car is compared to the other options in its' class, and yet the sunroof is a deal breaker 1. Because I lose too much headroom and 2. Because I would be worried about sunroof leaks. Never had luck with them. Just so surprised how light they are in this car considering.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
39 Posts
Depending how you plan racing your Hellcat for most you will still be bracket racing so get out the shoe polish and put a 10.94 on it instead of 10.91 because 3/100 will be your difference on 60'ish lbs. I have raced a 9.0 second car since 2003 and don't feel bad with that slower number compared to the comfort most options add. FWIW the HK and pump in the trunk is a great place to add weight as well over the tires if you are going to add it. IMG_20140517_060350_811.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
Curious if anyone has a base HC with zero options added to see what its curb weight is vs a full optioned out HC by chance?
I have a drive on scale at work that I'll take my 16' to when the weather gives me a chance. I'll fill it up with gas and at least see what a A8 Hellcat w/ sunroof weighs.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a drive on scale at work that I'll take my 16' to when the weather gives me a chance. I'll fill it up with gas and at least see what a A8 Hellcat w/ sunroof weighs.
Is that the only option it has?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Depending how you plan racing your Hellcat for most you will still be bracket racing so get out the shoe polish and put a 10.94 on it instead of 10.91 because 3/100 will be your difference on 60'ish lbs. I have raced a 9.0 second car since 2003 and don't feel bad with that slower number compared to the comfort most options add. FWIW the HK and pump in the trunk is a great place to add weight as well over the tires if you are going to add it. View attachment 497181
I will have it as a weekend toy and I have never been huge on fancy toys but all the standard creature comforts of a base HC is well above and beyond what I’m used too. Plus if I could save a hundred pounds for things I don’t need or use I could benefit. I will take it to the track fairly often.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts