SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just wanted to share a nice alternative to debadging. I didn't like how "loud" the Hellcat logos were on my car. I felt like my black car's stealthiness was being undermined for the benefit of HC-gawkers, law enforcement, and my competition.

My original plan was to debadge the fender Hellcat logos only and replace them with flat, almost-black, carbon-fiber Hellcat vinyls. While searching for the vinyl logos, I found these vinyl overlays by Reflective Concepts for the existing Hellcat badges on not only the fenders, but also the front grille, and the trunk lid. Now I don't have to debadge my car, I get the hint of my badges, and I get a clean look from a distance. All the pictures were taken on a very bright, sunny day yet the decals are still pretty obfuscated, so in the evening, they're basically not there.

Amazon.com: Hellcat Emblem Overlay Decals - 15-17 Charger SRT Hellcat - (Color: Flat Black): Automotive

Here are some pics of the finished product. The vinyls come in a variety of colors so this post applies to all Hellcat owners. Now my car is truly stealthy :D

Hope you like :)

I had my car washed & waxed first. Then, I used tape to remove dirt and used the cotton balls to buff the decals before applying the vinyls.
IMG_1839.JPG

As you can see, the vinyls are officially licensed by MOPAR.
IMG_1841.JPG

From a distance, you can't see them.
IMG_1879.JPG

When you're up close you can see them on a bright day. The reflection you are seeing on the decal is attributed to my phone's camera angle & the reflection of an incredibly bright sun. You can see in the picture above that there is no silver showing through.
IMG_1880.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts
Hi,

... I felt like my black car's stealthiness was being undermined for the benefit of HC-gawkers, law enforcement, and my competition.
Car looks good, but...

the badge is not what gives that car away, it's the six-piston screaming red Brembos up front.

:cool:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
the badge is not what gives that car away, it's the six-piston screaming red Brembos up front.
I thought it was the hood. SRTs also have 6-piston Brembos.

·
Registered
796 Posts
They look sweet!

Nice touch defiantly.

SG

Reactions: rajahfl

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
849 Posts
Someone at a carshow claimed they did similiar with a generic can of plastidip and that it won't do damage either. That might also be a alternative for various size badges and more. Seemed to work out ok for them, so just passing the info along.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone at a carshow claimed they did similiar with a generic can of plastidip and that it won't do damage either. That might also be a alternative for various size badges and more. Seemed to work out ok for them, so just passing the info along.
Plastidip would be a lot of work b/c you'd have to debadge, dip, then rebadge in exactly the same spot. Whereas with these vinyls, you just apply and go. They're laser cut to the correct sizes. Good info though :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,301 Posts
You can Plastidip the Cat heads without removing them. Mask off the best you can but if any gets on the paint, wait until it dries and peel it off. It will peel right off but won't take the dip off the badge.Just ensure a large area around the HC heads are masked off.

Reactions: april77

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,301 Posts
Why do I like the de-badged look? For me it's simple. I hate chrome or any bright work on my cars. It's also easier to clean without badges and no worries about getting sealant/wax stuck around them. That said, I'm not looking to de-badge my HC. I did remove the D-O-D-G-E from the back and just want the other badges to be a color other than chrome. I'm not sure when my aversion to chrome started but it's been over 10 years.

The de-badged look is not for everyone. Like all mods, it's personal preference. I had an 11 CTS-V that I totally de-badged, Some loved it and some said they didn't like it because no one would know it was a V. My response to that was "I don't care if anyone else knows, I know and that is all I care about" Some just didn't like it at all. That's OK. My car, my choice. Your car, your choice :)

Reactions: NavVet

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the stealth (or semi-debadged) look because I can just putter along in traffic and people will largely ignore me. I agree with Mike02z, I don't care if other people know I'm driving a HC, the car is for me to enjoy, not for other people to envy. If someone pulls up in something worthy of my car's power, then they may ignore me too and think, "maybe HC, maybe not" and try to blow past me. At that point, I get to decide what kind of mood I'm in... do I feel like surprising them or do I feel like ignoring them? I dunno, but at least with stealth I have the option.

With HC badges in all their chromed out glory, every schmuck in every car wants to egg me on and it gets old quick. Honda Accords with giant wings, M3s, and Teslas all think I'm always ready to jump on the gas. Just because we're driving the great white sharks of the car world doesn't mean we need to go around eating every fish around us and we don't want to be bothered all the time. My car is fast, I don't need to prove it to anyone, except when I feel like having a snack :D

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
With HC badges in all their chromed out glory, every schmuck in every car wants to egg me on
Agree with this in bunches.

I'm tired of the way some of these under developed neanderthals weave in/out of traffic dangerously, once they see the kitty "mocking at their ego." Lmao!!!

And yeah they look quite stellar, especially on black.

Reactions: Mike02z and april77

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
153 Posts
Looks really cool like it! However, i'm not one to D-badge a car but that does look really really nice

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great, there goes more money out of my Paypal acct

rajahfl did you go with reflective black?
Hi Jefe,

The color I went with is called "Flat Black." I was thinking of going with the carbon fiber black color, and I think it would have looked great too b/c it would have matched the racing stripes. Maybe one day I'll try out the carbon fiber color pattern. Black on black is the ultimate stealth pattern, I think :)

What color are you thinking of getting?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,018 Posts
Car looks good, but...
Yep, cops don't see Charger Hellcats as "muscle cars," but rather as Performance Sedans. Different breed of street animal altogether ... They do find Challenger Hellcats much more threatening, however, and thus worthy of an "official contact" if the justification presents itself.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
I went with reflective black. Straight on it looks like a 2 tone black emblem and from an angle it still looks kind of stock.

2nd picture is with the flash on my cell

20171004_143101.jpg

20171004_143107.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts