SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Before the Hellcat and even before the SRT4, there was the Spirit R/T

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  WVHEMIS 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Sprit R/T....very cool car, for what it was

I remember my dad had a Turbo manual, so it had to be a R/T, and it was his company car. Gray seats with the red pattern down the middle. He had a reprogrammed ECU and then put a turn down tip under the car. That was the only company car he EVER modified like that, lol.
Then when we were driving I distracted him to look at something, he looked and then hit a stopped car at a red light and the airbags went off. I'm not sure he ever forgave me for that, lol

#5 ·
I had a White 1992 Spirit R/T (1 of 93 made in White that year) and loved that car sooooo much! It went through a LOT of timing belts (thanks to the 11,000 rpm valve springs (x16) that Lotus Designed the Heads with) and I used to keep an extra in the trunk next to the spare tire. Did a lot to that engine and ended up with 430 HP at the wheels. We developed that engine with Lotus at Shelby back in the Mid 80's along with Chrysler. I still own the 1990 Prototype Shelby CSX-16v which would have been our 1990 Model. BTW: The License Plate on my Spirit R/T "SHOEATR"
Also, those wheels on the Prototype....100% Plastic! Not bad for 1989 and 1990 technology!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

#6 ·
- And before the Dodge Spirit, there was the AMC Spirit....

#7 ·
Sorry I just can't get on board with that. Even then I couldn't. Interesting though, the changes that have taken place over the years. Who'd a thunk I'd be a Dodge guy all these years later coming from that?

Reactions: Mattm400
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.