SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The image I linked was a leaked image someone posted to both Jalopnik and the Mustang6g forum. The "official" reveal from Ford happens tonight. So, the official photos and videos will be released tonight at 7:30EST. You can also watch Ford's reveal at the Detroit Autoshow online somewhere. I'm not exactly hyped for it, so I'm personally not going to watch it in live time. I'll get the pics later tonight like everyone else ;)

My gripe with it comes from the same gripe I have about the Camaro in that it is too damn busy. I personally can't get past the 6 headlights. IF this is really the production version (and that 6 headlight thing has been bouncing around the internet in spy photos for months), I just can't get behind it. Don't ask me why, it just messes with my head. And, as someone who enjoys detailing his own cars, I look at those wheels and A) kinda like them, but B) want no part of cleaning the brembo dust off of those.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,252 Posts
My buddy sent it me at 1505. I just thought it was a funny coincidence we said the same thing.

Reactions: Xylander

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
According to the leaker, the car will have dual 80mm throttle bodies, twin air boxes, a 10spd auto and a selection of 2 different manual gearboxes, beefed up internals and a locked PCM (prior S550s were unlocked) with OTA update capability similar to the latest F-150's functionality. The leaker claims 500hp is the stock factory rating with a 11.8 quarter mile time on the PP2 trim cars.

If all of this is true, then Ford will be officially rating it the same as the base Hellcat's 1/4 ETA.

One hour to go before the big reveal.

And here's an interior shot. This is obviously a real image and not a render. Ford has done away with the cheap plastic interior mouldings and this model (which is likely the Premium PP2 trim) has alcantara trim and NAPA leather all over the place. It's a definite improvement:
Vehicle Gear shift Car Speedometer Automotive tire

Reactions: DBII and Taxinator

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,252 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Attachment didn't work, but I saw it. They're complaining it looks like their trucks and the headlights are from the mach e.
Fixed, I was in the middle of editing it as I initially incorrectly linked a thumbnail image.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
According to the leaker, the car will have dual 80mm throttle bodies, twin air boxes, a 10spd auto and a selection of 2 different manual gearboxes, beefed up internals and a locked PCM (prior S550s were unlocked) with OTA update capability similar to the latest F-150's functionality. The leaker claims 500hp is the stock factory rating with a 11.8 quarter mile time on the PP2 trim cars.

If all of this is true, then Ford will be officially rating it the same as the base Hellcat's 1/4 ETA.

And here's an interior shot. This is obviously a real image and not a render. Ford has done away with the cheap plastic interior mouldings and this model (which is likely the Premium PP2 trim) has alcantara trim and NAPA leather all over the place. It's a definite improvement:
View attachment 603303
What Hellcat runs 11.8? I went 11.2 stock

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

View attachment 603303
Not bad for a pony car, but that steering wheel still sucks. That screen looks huge. Distraction much?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is this the cookie-cutter uni-car that is electric powered that NASCAR is moving towards?

"Hey, Cleetus, who ya rootin' fer?"
"Jimmy Bob in the 2024 uh, ah, that thing that is number 23!
* uses binoculars to look at big-screen in their living room *"Ah, there it is, it's got a Ford sticker on it!
"YEEE HAWWW GO FORD!" *burps *
On another note, I think I'll take a look. Notice the time at top of the pic and the comment near the bottom!

Good scoop!
Font Terrestrial plant Event

I found the link:

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,077 Posts
The image I linked was a leaked image someone posted to both Jalopnik and the Mustang6g forum. The "official" reveal from Ford happens tonight. So, the official photos and videos will be released tonight at 7:30EST. You can also watch Ford's reveal at the Detroit Autoshow online somewhere. I'm not exactly hyped for it, so I'm personally not going to watch it in live time. I'll get the pics later tonight like everyone else ;)

My gripe with it comes from the same gripe I have about the Camaro in that it is too damn busy. I personally can't get past the 6 headlights. IF this is really the production version (and that 6 headlight thing has been bouncing around the internet in spy photos for months), I just can't get behind it. Don't ask me why, it just messes with my head. And, as someone who enjoys detailing his own cars, I look at those wheels and A) kinda like them, but B) want no part of cleaning the brembo dust off of those.
Yet you like the C8?? You have just described my feelings to a Tee about the C8. You confuse me sometimes lol.

Reactions: riddic99

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am watching this now.
The Dark Horse: a new performance line/package/moniker
And, since the CEO and his staff aren't complete haters of their own customers, it has (are you ready for this???) A V8 ENGINE!!!!!

Different packages tailored to street, strip, road course and drifting.

I wonder if they could make a street-legal version with the required crash safety stuff AND absolutely nothing else for a super-duper-stripper that was still safe in event of a collision etc.

For the first time ever, many are considering getting a Mustang, I would guess.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yet you like the C8?? You have just described my feelings to a Tee about the C8. You confuse me sometimes lol.
I like the exotic look of the C8. Unlike 'Vettes of years past, everything on the C8 has a function. It's a very form follows function car and no part on it is added for decoration. No fake grilles or plastic trim. The C8 could do better on the side vents, but according to GM, they look the way they do so they reduce drag. Making them more aesthetic would either reduce airflow or increase drag. Overall though, I like the style. I've always been a fan of wedge cars like the Countach and the '89-'91 Vector W8 shown below:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Overall, the new Mustang isn't bad. I think it's an overall step forward for Ford, ESPECIALLY that interior. I could do without the front fascia and headlight styling, but I do like the 67 style rear end treatment they're running with. On the down side, tuners are going to be sad because that new Mustang is going to be locked down harder than the C8. So, for the forseeable future, the boost addicts are going to be saddled to the '15-'23 models with their unlocked PCMs and boost ready engines. The '24 won't be tunable in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was looking forward to this release. After seeing pictures…I don’t know how I feel about it, it’s def going to be a “see it in person” judgement thing. I will say that I’m not a fan of fully digital gauge clusters. It’s ok for luxury and exotics but prefer actual gauges for muscle cars.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts