SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Being cautious of others

4191 48
Brian and I were coming out of Meijers yesterday and I turn my back to get something and he's gone. I'm scanning the parking lot to see where he went (cause he dropped me off at the door) . He is racing with the cart towards the car. I see this hooptie next to it(we park out in BFE) and 2 kids are circling the car. He hits the alarm and scares the crap outta them...of,course they just wanted too see it, and he's a big guy so they won't mess with him. Now if I was alone and coming out to that I probably would of hesitated. Brian tells me never to pull over and just show someone the car he thinks the wrong person would knock me out and take the car(I know not every person has bad intentions). Everyday I drive this car it gets attention(until the novelity wears off I guess) ,but it is always in the back of my head to be aware of my surroundings ...if that makes sense. Ladies what are your precautions?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
Thats the problem with these cars. Glad I got my pick up to use to go places like the stores. I don't know if I could park in a grocery store lot even in BFE. Maybe in a couple months when more people see them.

I think I will take my 45 with me when I drive the car. ( not the 9 that I usually have )

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the problem with these cars. Glad I got my pick up to use to go places like the stores. I don't know if I could park in a grocery store lot even in BFE. Maybe in a couple months when more people see them.

I think I will take my 45 with me when I drive the car. ( not the 9 that I usually have )
My husband carries I don't ...he keeps telling me he wants me to get it, but we have yet to do it. I had a guy pull up to me yesterday in the Costco parking lot talking about the car and I kept backing up away from his door...you just don't know these days.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts

I was just thinking down those same lines.. double barrel derringer with 410 000 buck over the norm 22mag pocket revolver

Reactions: 70Cuda

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If they want to see the car, and your alone, crack the window and tell them your husband said you can't unless he is there. I know it sounds sexist, but it would probably work.
No that is exactly what he told me to do..he said you do not pull over unless I'm with you. Thank you for the advice!

·
SSDD
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,478 Posts
Get your concealed if possible. Even the tasers that continue to ramp up and down after you drop them are a good and non lethal option for the ladies. Plus when fired, they shoot out serialized confetti and if a police report is filled and it's missing from the scene they will replace it for free. At least they would a few years ago. I bought one for a GF at the time. She also took the concealed stuff with me and bought a revolver later on and took a course locally to feel more comfortable.

Check these out.
Best Self Defense Products TASER C2 CEW

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
This is my opinion. Like I said my opinion

I think the best in people I don't judge people till they give me a right to judge them. Can't tell a person by how they look or what they drive. I do carry never want to pull it because you better be ready to pull the trigger if you do.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This is my opinion. Like I said my opinion

I think the best in people I don't judge people till they give me a right to judge them. Can't tell a person by how they look or what they drive. I do carry never want to pull it because you better be ready to pull the trigger if you do.
That's why I don't want a gun...if somebody wanted my car they can have it that's why I have insurance. ..I, on the other hand , am not replaceable. My husband pulled his once in all the years he's had it..a guy was trying to steal his tires in Detroit. .he came around the truck saw him he came at him with a tire iron he pulled it...he ran...no shots fired.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,279 Posts
Carolyn, your fortunate enough to be living in a C.C.W. state. Why would you not take a course & carry. I don't know the numbers but I'll bet you that you are more likely to be assaulted than your husband & he carries...

That Hell Cat is rolling advertising right now. Then they see the blond driving it.... Most people are good, but let God sort em out if your attacked!

This country I'm in, believes it's better to see a woman raped than an attacker shot & possibly killed. If I was wrong; I would see more woman with concealed carry permits. My wife would be one of them in a heart beat!
Here we have concealed carry permits, but it's dam near impossible to obtain. Ranks up there with unicorns!

Here, the liberal masses believe the violence is related to the gun and not the individual.o_O

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Brian and I were coming out of Meijers yesterday and I turn my back to get something and he's gone. I'm scanning the parking lot to see where he went (cause he dropped me off at the door) . He is racing with the cart towards the car. I see this hooptie next to it(we park out in BFE) and 2 kids are circling the car. He hits the alarm and scares the crap outta them...of,course they just wanted too see it, and he's a big guy so they won't mess with him. Now if I was alone and coming out to that I probably would of hesitated. Brian tells me never to pull over and just show someone the car he thinks the wrong person would knock me out and take the car(I know not every person has bad intentions). Everyday I drive this car it gets attention(until the novelity wears off I guess) ,but it is always in the back of my head to be aware of my surroundings ...if that makes sense. Ladies what are your precautions?
You should try driving a Sublime Hellcat.

While I try to be nice to everybody you always have to be careful. As a woman I think you need to be EXTRA careful.

In the end it's only a car (I know that's hard for us to think) and your personal safety is way more important than the car.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
My husband carries I don't ...he keeps telling me he wants me to get it, but we have yet to do it. I had a guy pull up to me yesterday in the Costco parking lot talking about the car and I kept backing up away from his door...you just don't know these days.
You might even politely tell someone that you are not comfortable talking to someone you don't know in a parking lot and then be on your way. Anybody with good intentions will understand that. Anybody that gets offended or otherwise is somebody you need to watch out for!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
What Meijer Hall Rd? I'll talk to you both;) What color is your car? I saw a sublime this AM on 23 mile by the hospital heading west

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,385 Posts

I carry my .45 1911, but I sure like the ability to put 17 rounds of Zombie rounds down range that the 9mm allows.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Please don't think that'd he'd pull it on you ...only pulls it if he had too (only pulled one time in his life)...we are normal people..lol
I'll wait until we all set a meeting place whenever I get my car, sounds safer for all;)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,661 Posts
Ladies what are your precautions?
I have a concealed weapon permit, and I carry. That gun will not protect me from every bad situation, but it does put me a leg up on keeping myself and others safe if I must. I mean, to be honest, people are always shocked to see/find out that I carry. I am very comfortable with my gun, and I am an extremely good shot. I pray that I never need to use the gun, but I have it just in case. If you are interested in the reason why I carry, continue reading. If you aren't interested, no reason to continue, it is enough that I stated that I do carry a gun.

I come from a long line of military and policemen. I married into the same type of family. I have always been taught to be aware of my surroundings, and be polite yet cautious. If something or someone makes me feel uncomfortable, I remove myself from the situation however I need to, i.e. don't get out of the car, get back into the car and drive away, go back into a public area ... you get the picture. I am a taller than average woman, I am not easily intimidated, and I am afraid of little. I live in a quaint, small, quiet, Southern city where everyone knows or is related to, everyone else. Nothing nightmarish ever happens here in Toombs county Georgia ... I mean, come on! Marty and I were the new comers, loved it here, and I felt very safe. That said, almost 1 year ago something happened that rocked my world, and in a horrible, tragic, way.

While driving to the grocery store last May, I saw something that struck me immediately as ... odd. There was a car pulled over on the side of the road, and a man was pacing beside the car, waving his arms in the air and behaving in an agitated manner. This was taking place on a side road, immediately off of the main road through the entire town, a little before 7 PM (and in May it is still very bright daylight outside, despite the time). I noted this as out of the ordinary, but did not feel comfortable stopping, so I picked up my cell phone and called 911 alerting them to the situation (because the man's behavior struck me as so strange).

I do not live far from my grocery store, and only needed a few items, so literally 20 minutes later i am driving home. I realize that I cannot turn down that side street because there are 3 ambulances and 5 police cars blocking that road. I went home and called a friend who is one of ''those" people who is in the "know" of all things. That is when I learned that a young woman named Robin Matthews had been brutally murdered, right there on the side of the road, in broad daylight, in plain view, not even 50 feet off of Hwy 280, and less than 2.5 miles from my house, and I realized that I drove by immediately after he had attacked her. UPDATE New charges for man accused of killing Toombs County tea - Local news weather sports Savannah WSAV On Your Side

Robin Matthews picked up Simon Dixon, a man who approached her in the Walmart parking lot and asked her for a ride to the hospital. She remembered him from High School, this is Vidalia, Ga, and it was broad daylight, so she felt comfortable. Robin had been away at college so did not hear when Simon Dixon had started having mental problems and was later charged with rape, aggravated sodomy, assault, and other crimes. She had not heard about how he had been locked in a mental facility for 7 years. Simon Dixon was released from said facility, came home, and could not deal with life on the "outside", so he carved that poor girl up in the front seat of her car, knowing that they would send him away for the rest of his life for murder. Robin Matthews had only been married for one year, and was excited because she had, earlier that day, just finished her very first year of teaching school and was starting summer vacation.

I know it sounds "hoakey" for me to say, but a bit of my innocence died that day as my false sense of security was shredded. What happened struck me in a very profound way. I had always read about this sort of nightmare happening in large, urban, sprawls ... not in picturesque, Smalltown, USA! Especially not MY picturesque, Smalltown, USA!! Especially not a mere 2 miles from my house!!! I did not know that little girl personally, and I did not know her family. I have no idea why I decided to keep driving and call the police, as I usually stop, roll the window down a bit, and ask if I can call some help for the person having issues. I try not to wonder if Robin was still alive inside that car as I drove by. I do not know why Robin's death affected me so deeply, but it has. I DO know that 2 days later I went and applied for a concealed weapon permit, and I very rarely leave my gun at home.

As i said before, I pray that I never need to use this gun. If the situation is dire enough that I have to pull this weapon out and point it at someone, then the SHIZ has hit the fan and I will not hesitate to use this gun. I will never forget Robin Matthews's sweet face. She is a reminder to me that NONE of us are completely safe, and we are kidding ourselves if we think we are no matter where in the world we live. I am not afraid, but I am even more cautious ... and now I am a little better prepared to deal with nightmares should the occasion arise.

April

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
I won't park in parking lots period unless I'm staying with the car.

In 2013 I took my youngest son to an IHOP for his birthday "dinner" and we took my GWE 392 since he loved riding in it. While we were sitting at a booth eating I noticed a guy walking around my car looking at it. I didn't think much of it, as it did attract attention at times. However then I watched him take a step back and start to repeatedly kick the car. I flew out of the booth like a missile being shot out of a submarine, and my son said they could hear me shouting at the guy as I was running across the parking lot even inside the restaurant. He heard me coming and ran off of course which was probably for the best for each of us. At that moment I wanted nothing more than to kick him to the ground and then start grinding his face against the asphalt and I would have done it if I had gotten my hands on him. That would have been difficult to explain to a judge, and wouldn't have been the best example for my son.

The guy was never caught, and I learned a valuable lesson. It doesn't matter how far out in the lot you try to park it, don't leave attention grabbing cars alone in a parking lot period.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
728 Posts
Wife and I both have CCWs... I carry most of the time... she's definitely going to need to get in the habbit.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.