SRT Hellcat Forum banner

221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Bone Stock
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
I received my extreme brace... tried a dry run... watched all the videos even read the instructions for a change lol..

Can't get this to fit. I have a 2017 HC, stock exhaust. I do not have cross member threads, so I have to use the provided bolts and lock washers. These are 15mm.

My issues this far.

1. Passenger side bolt appears too long. It is hitting the diff support housing. Maybe 4 threads too long to get it tightened down enough. Suppose I could cut it down to size.

2. None of my 15mm stubbies will fit into slot on crossmember, nor will my fingers.. maybe there is a micro 15 mm stubbie out there? All the instructions and videos I have seen identify those bolts as 13mm.. did I get the wrong bolts?

3. The extreme brace I received has a rear perpendicular piece. This almost entirely covers the rear slots. Once it is in position, I don't see how I can get my finger or a wrench into the slot to hold the nut while I tighten the bolt. The examples I have seen in the videos and the instructions depict a brace that is flat and allow a straight shot access angle to the cross member slot. Is this the brace for the 2017 HC?

I really want to install this, the construction, powder coating etc is all too notch...

Anybody out there have these issues? Maybe the bolts are too big or this is not the correct brace for my year? Maybe I should just get the standard brace? My car is gone stock..

Will attach some pics... any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks View attachment 483193 View attachment 483195
HighRever777 - we will get you hooked up!

8mm nuts/bolts are supplied with the kit for when you have threaded sections in the cross-member
10mm nuts/bolts are supplied with the kit for when there are only holes (no threaded sections)

I'll send you a PM and we will get you hooked up!

·
Registered
53 Posts
copy that... and thank you...

Anybody install one of these with the bend at the rear partially covering the slots? any hints would be appreciated... might try the dental floss through the nut... but getting around brace, into slot and down to nut might take some flexibility..... especially in garage on ramps.... might need to pay for lift time for the extreme brace install...

·
Bone Stock
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
They wi
copy that... and thank you...

Anybody install one of these with the bend at the rear partially covering the slots? any hints would be appreciated... might try the dental floss through the nut... but getting around brace, into slot and down to nut might take some flexibility..... especially in garage on ramps.... might need to pay for lift time for the extreme brace install...
The bend will not cover the slot...it come right up to the bottom of them.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Just wondering is there enough thickness in the crossmember to cut some threads with a tap instead of fishing the nuts on the inside?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Nope - the holes are too large but some folks have put in a nutsert.

Understand but you can use a bigger bolt and drill out the hole in the brace?

·
Bone Stock
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Understand but you can use a bigger bolt and drill out the hole in the brace?
The Extreme brace uses a 10MM bolt now as opposed to the 8mm that is required for the factory inserts that were there from mid-2016 and earlier.

I am planning to test a 10mm nutsert next week on my Demon and hope to have it at the Atco track rental on 11/2.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I have a question guys I have not ever really felt the need to do the brace on my scat pack cause I didn’t feel I was making enough HP or 60 ft enough to break the rear but after yesterday I’m now 60ing 1.56 pretty constantly and afraid that that might break something do y’all think I should add a brace ?

·
Bone Stock
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
I have a question guys I have not ever really felt the need to do the brace on my scat pack cause I didn’t feel I was making enough HP or 60 ft enough to break the rear but after yesterday I’m now 60ing 1.56 pretty constantly and afraid that that might break something do y’all think I should add a brace ?
If you drag the car, its not a bad investment and will help with wheel hop and give you a straighter launch. A 392 car did break a diff; not just Hellcats.

·
Administrator
7,546 Posts
Like many things you dont need it till you do. Cheap insurance and has benefits beyond what it was designed for. The way you are running now i would do it, if i were you.

221 - 231 of 231 Posts