SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 231 Posts

·
NYS President
9,004 Posts
If you have been following high horsepower Hellcats, there is a point where the increased HP/TQ with an upgraded driveshaft can lead to differential failures.

Two issues have been reported from members: Case failure or Gear failure

As you can see in the pictures below regarding case failure, the case cracks and breaks away from the rear cross-member. The issue here is the driveshaft can be damaged or even disconnect from the differential and cause other more expensive damage and increase crash potential.

View attachment 186041
View attachment 186033

With the input of some of our forum members, for the past 3 months I've been developing a brace to significantly reduce case failures without any unintended consequences. The design has been modified twice. Here is the latest prototype on a forum members Hellcat Charger.

View attachment 186065

The brace anchors to the rear cross-member where there are two existing threaded holes and connects to the two main differential bolts. It is buttressed by a durable 1" nylon guide and 3/8" 65-70 shore rubber isolation material. The braces will be powdercoated silver.

One will be going on my 815 RWHP Hellcat Challenger as soon as the initial production run of 25 units is completed.

These will be available for purchase in 3-4 weeks...if you are interested, please let me know via PM. I do not have all the costs yet, but figure no more than $165 + normal shipping.

FYI - I am a Hellcat enthusiast/Forum member and have contracted these to be made by a local, high-quality fabrication shop where I have known the owner for years.

Thanks, Bray
Very informative and interesting thread.

Watching intently and paying close attention to detail....

Thank you

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Very cool stuff and thanks for the contribution! That is awesome. Another great example of why this forum rocks.

·
Bone Stock
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So the first 25 are spoken for...thank you for the overwhelming response.

In order of receiving PMs and now email from Facebook members, I'm listing those who are confirmed and those who sent a PM that they were "interested".

1 (my Hellcat)
2 pivotal
3 cole3986 (self)
4 cole3986 (B5)
5 cole3986 (NYCSRT)
6 Hellcatpcp (interested, please confirm)
7 Ray Hunsaker
8 zippy
9 bam bam
10 jgil
11 boostedscatpack
12 Colorado Hellcat
13 Mopar1
14 why2kmax
15 drag racer (interested, please confirm)
16 catdodgehell
17 b5charger15
18 762CAT
19 Qwik Cat (interested, please confirm)
20 sgoyal (self)
21 sgoyal (friend)
22 Indybill
23 jmc2995
24 Never Satified
25 Fire Lane
26 srt dusty (car 1)
27 srt dusty (car 2)
28 Geno (interested, please confirm with PM)
29 FB user M.Y.
30 FB user S.P.

So far, there are 30 commits or PMs stating interested. I will check today see if the first run can be increased to 30 units.

As of now, I will start generating the list for the second run. I do not want to make more until the first batch is out to the forum members and everyone can provide feedback. If you have interest in the second batch, please send a PM titled "Batch 2". I'll alert the fab shop its coming so the raw materials can be ordered to cut down on the manufacturing time.

Thanks forum members, the interest has been a lot stronger than I ever imagined when I started crawling under the car a few months ago!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in for one as well. I can send payment or paypal. Your choice. Great News on the additional 50 units. Just PM me and I can get the funds to you. Looking forward to a great mod. Thanks!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Interested. Please add me to the next list or current list, if someone backs out. Payment ready immediately. Thank you for putting this together.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you have been following high horsepower Hellcats, there is a point where the increased HP/TQ with an upgraded driveshaft can lead to differential failures.

Two issues have been reported from members: Case failure or Gear failure

As you can see in the pictures below regarding case failure, the case cracks and breaks away from the rear cross-member. The issue here is the driveshaft can be damaged or even disconnect from the differential and cause other more expensive damage and increase crash potential.

View attachment 186041
View attachment 186033

With the input of some of our forum members, for the past 3 months I've been developing a brace to significantly reduce case failures without any unintended consequences. The design has been modified twice. Here is the latest prototype on a forum members Hellcat Charger.

View attachment 186065

The brace anchors to the rear cross-member where there are two existing threaded holes and connects to the two main differential bolts. It is buttressed by a durable 1" nylon guide and 3/8" 65-70 shore rubber isolation material. The braces will be powdercoated silver.

One will be going on my 815 RWHP Hellcat Challenger as soon as the initial production run of 25 units is completed.

These will be available for purchase in 3-4 weeks...if you are interested, please let me know via PM. I do not have all the costs yet, but figure no more than $165 + normal shipping.

FYI - I am a Hellcat enthusiast/Forum member and have contracted these to be made by a local, high-quality fabrication shop where I have known the owner for years.

Thanks, Bray
do i get a discount for donating the broken diff pix?:p

21 - 40 of 231 Posts