SRT Hellcat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am on the list for round 2... don't plan on modding the car much, 295 tires stock rims, but my 16 Charger does the wheel hop dance very easily in track mode, and I purposefully don't get into it (much) for fear of something breaking. Looked at links, cradle bushings, seems like a lot of $'s; hopefully this will help prevent diff damage and reduce/eliminate the wheel hop for a relatively low entry fee.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stock power can break the diff. It usually only happens launching with slicks on a well prepped track
Not just launch.

Hard turns on the street in track mode at high RPMS while downshifting at apex can induce wheel hop. The higher the camber the easier it is to induce.

I'd like for the OP to post some closeup pictures of the failed cases showing the entire case with pics from all sides as well as very close up pics of the fracture edges. Metal fatigue and failure are complex subjects. I can run it by some friends for some opinions..

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks like the teeth of the gear impacted the inside of the case on this pic. Further evidence that the gear hit the case is the pattern of the fracture. Hard to tell if the gear hit the case or the case twisted into the gear.

·
Registered
76 Posts
PM sent to get me on the list for a batch 2 brace.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Ya I can get to the drain plug no problem but the fill plug is behind the spacers. You should be able to loosen the crossmember bolts, slide the spacers over to the left, fill the diff, spacers back over, threadlocker and bolts back in. Maybe adds 5 mins to the job.

You might be able to get a thin hose in there behind the brace to fill but its a tight squeeze

0414171413b.jpg

61 - 80 of 231 Posts