SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2020 Daytona 392. Has stock 275 Pirelli tires. What’s the best in everyone’s opinion on the street? What’s the max I can fit on the stock wheels?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
723 Posts
I have a 2020 Daytona 392. Has stock 275 Pirelli tires. What’s the best in everyone’s poodle the street? What’s the max I can fit on the stick wheels?
Not sure a Poodle will work in place of a drag radial..best daily DR for traction is Mickey Thompson ET street SS next is Nitto 555R then possibly a French Poodle ..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure a Poodle will work in place of a drag radial..best daily DR for traction is Mickey Thompson ET street SS next is Nitto 555R then possibly a French Poodle ..
Thanks. Yeah sorry about that. That’s What happens when I don’t read what a type after iPhone auto correct haha.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,480 Posts
Nitto 555rII's are doing wonders for HC's. I recently bought 315's for my M6 and it's Hookin and Bookin! Never had M/T's on mine but never heard anyone knock them. Are your wheels 9.5? Quite a few members have ran 305's with no problems, personally I wouldn't so safely I'd say 285.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nitto 555rII's are doing wonders for HC's. I recently bought 315's for my M6 and it's Hookin and Bookin! Never had M/T's on mine but never heard anyone knock them. Are your wheels 9.5? Quite a few members have ran 305's with no problems, personally I wouldn't so safely I'd say 285.
Thanks. I’m pretty sure they are 9.5 since I have the Daytona and they come with 275s.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,480 Posts
I highly recommend them because I can hook in my HC M6 with minor mods so should definitely kickass in your Daytona. I think the Nittos will handle a bit better in the rain but I don't have data to back that. Not sure the difference in price as well. Truth is both are great options.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I highly recommend them because I can hook in my HC M6 with minor mods so should definitely kickass in your Daytona. I think the Nittos will handle a bit better in the rain but I don't have data to back that. Not sure the difference in price as well. Truth is both are great options.
I see a lot of people using those. I wanted to know would it be best to stick to the same 275 size or not.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,480 Posts
That's your call honestly. Can't go wrong with a wider tire way I see it for sure. I'd go as wide as I could safely. Spinnin ain't Winnin!

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,480 Posts
No. Not that I'm aware of. Usually height of tire can affect that from my understanding. I think with our cars there's a sensor on the axel that does that.

·
Registered
2015 Charger Scat Pack 392
15 Posts
I have used Mickeys for years and years on a number of other cars. They do exactly what they are supposed to do, which is hook. For a weekender I swear by them.
As my Scat is daily I didn't want to get on a Mickey on it for the amount of miles I do. So I tried for the first time a Nitto 555R. No complaints so far 4k in. Not squishy, not loud, dont pick up alot of debris. We'll see how treadwear looks at the first oil change on them.
Definately a better street hook than the Hellcat Pirelli I was on, which was to be expected.🔗

1 - 11 of 11 Posts