SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,638 Posts
My Hellcat Charger has the AWE Track edition. I love it and get many compliments on the Old school Muscle sound

· Registered
1,464 Posts

· Banned
‘16 A8 Shaker
3,116 Posts
Amazing to one person can sound awful to another 🤔

AR makes the cleanest looking over the counter headers back exhaust system (imo) but it’s 3.5” from the X to the mids and you said 3

Spin tech here in so cal will custom build ya a bad ass stainless system but they need the car for a week, it will cost $4k min (if you drop it off with the headers already installed), and like I said it’s on the west coast

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Hellcat Charger has the AWE Track edition. I love it and get many compliments on the Old school Muscle sound
Sounds amazing 🤩
Amazing to one person can sound awful to another 🤔

AR makes the cleanest looking over the counter headers back exhaust system (imo) but it’s 3.5” from the X to the mids and you said 3

Spin tech here in so cal will custom build ya a bad ass stainless system but they need the car for a week, it will cost $4k min (if you drop it off with the headers already installed), and like I said it’s on the west coast
You are correct it is 3.5 but reduces to 3” at the end of the x pipe. So instead of explains that I just 3”

· Registered
A Van Down by the River
8,094 Posts
What budget?

He just spent $1500 replacing perfectly good shortys with arh long tubes. More if he didn’t install them himself : )
There's power to be gained though from long tubes over the stock shorties. The gains aren't huge on a stock engine vehicle but the gains grow as more mods are added. Exhaust is certainly not the best way to spend money on the Hellcat platform until the mod list increases significantly. In contrast, on the ZL1 platform, headers are typically one of the first mods because the stock shorties are so restrictive and there's a significant gain even on a stock ZL1.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the unsolicited advice

*ya gotta have mad respect for a guy with a 1000 hp HC that comes on a forum to ask which exhaust system is the best
Why are you such a turd, getting peoples opinion is why we have these forums. I was asking bc 1000hp hellcat is easily achieved and you knocked the long tube headers to start off. People like you don’t need to be on these forums bc all you do is talk shit instead of saying nothing at all. Car is a daily driver still and switching from straight pipes. That’s why these questions are asked. Doesn’t matter if I had 700hp fkn turd!

· Premium Member
21 Challenger Redeye, 21 Trackhawk
328 Posts
I installed the borla attack exhaust on the wife's trackhawk.
I originally did not want to change the exhaust on my Challenger Redeye but everybody kept complimenting the sound of the Trackhawk and I started to really like it so I installed the Borla attack with the active exhaust valves on the Challenger Redeye.
I really like the way that it sounds, it is actually pretty quiet just cruising around but once the hammer drops it gets pretty loud.
@That1guywithahellcat ,
Your right, a forum is a great place to get opinions. However there will always be 1 or 2 guys that will want to argue about anything. They will literally pick a argument about how a exhaust sounds lol. Typically I just hit the ignore button on people like that but mostly feel sorry for them, their lives must be pretty miserable. Just remember most people are fighting battles that we don't know anything about.

· Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
633 Posts
For complete systems, AWE, Corsa, or Borla. My favorite is the Corsa followed by AWE. Can’t go wrong with any of them. Only thing I dislike about the Corsa is you have to cut your stock system to reuse the OEM valves. I don’t want to do that, so AWE is my likley next exhaust. AWE also uses an H pipe as opposed to X pipes for the other two. So if you like the older school sound, AWE is awesome.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts