SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try various cleaning and detailing products until I find something that works and then usually stick with it. I have used Invisible Glass since the dawn of time, but recently needed something more to get the glass back to what I consider clean. I bought the McKee's 37 total glass car kit. It includes spray cleaner, polish, ceramic coating, cockpit polish and various applicators. The restorer polish works good, cockpit cleaner works good for the inside of the windshield (do not use if you have a tinted windshield), the ceramic coating works good. However, the glass cleaner is way to expensive for how "good" it actually works. I found a new to me product at my local Advance Auto on sale for $5/bottle. It is Meguiars Perfect Clarity glass cleaner. This is by far the best glass cleaner I have ever used, not only for automobile glass, but the wife appreciated my enthusiasm as I tried it out around the house and it performed great everywhere. I fear my stock of Invisible Glass will sit lonely on the shelf for some time, as this is now my go to product for glass cleaning!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
508 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about this product. I may give it a shot. As to your wife's happiness about you trying it out around the house, I know what you mean. Remember that once you start with those non-HC related projects it's difficult to back away from them in the future. She says..."No one does windows like you"...etc. etc. lol:) Chock it up to "irrational exuberance"

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,102 Posts
Meguires makes awesome products for a good price. I love their crystal car wash and the price is great. Gonna try this glass cleaner as well been using Invisible Glass.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,003 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
12 Posts
Not a fan of the Spray Away just because of how it goes everywhere when you spray it, I use invisible with micro fiber cloth and on the second pass I wipe opposite of the first pass with a clean dry cloth.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,089 Posts
Jumping in here, so I seem to constantly have a film on the exterior of my windows. The car is garage kept and ive tried Sprayway, QuikDetailer, RainX... and film returns despite post buffing. Could this be because of ceramic coat friendly carwash soaps? Currently washing with Carpro Hydrofoam.

Reactions: Sftdyna

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8 Posts
I grew up in Lombard, IL one town over from Addison where this stuff was made. The body shop I worked in turned me on to this stuff in the 80’s. Best glass cleaner I have used to date and I smoke cigars so it gets a workout as the glass is like a smoke magnet. Be careful though the product is not 100% tint safe on the last can I bought it says to test in an inconspicuous area, luckily no issues on my ceramic aftermarket tint.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
703 Posts
Sparkle. Buy it by the gallon at local Ace hardware. I use it to clean whole car. Great stuff and relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,593 Posts
Another vote for Sparkle (the purple stuff) !
$4 for a spray bottle @ Ace, lasts forever as it works best when used sparingly.

Jumping in here, so I seem to constantly have a film on the exterior of my windows. The car is garage kept and ive tried Sprayway, QuikDetailer, RainX... and film returns despite post buffing. Could this be because of ceramic coat friendly carwash soaps? Currently washing with Carpro Hydrofoam.
You need to to this:
Water spots, stains, scratched glass, etc.

CRL Sparkle (NOT the same as the Sparkle from Ace above) followed by their sealer product.
DO NOT use the Bio-clean, too harsh to use on auto glass !!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,441 Posts
Car bibles top ten if anyone was interested...

The Best Auto Glass Cleaners
  • Meguiar's G8224 Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner. ...
  • SprayWay SW050-12 Glass Cleaner. ...
  • Driven Extreme Duty Glass Cleaner. ...
  • Chemical Guys CLD_202_16 Signature Series Glass Cleaner. ...
  • 3M 08888 Glass Cleaner. ...
  • Stoner Inc Invisible Glass Cleaner. ...
  • Safelite Glass Cleaner. ...
  • Hope's Perfect Glass Cleaner.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts