SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,368 Posts
I grew up in Lombard, IL one town over from Addison where this stuff was made. The body shop I worked in turned me on to this stuff in the 80’s. Best glass cleaner I have used to date and I smoke cigars so it gets a workout as the glass is like a smoke magnet. Be careful though the product is not 100% tint safe on the last can I bought it says to test in an inconspicuous area, luckily no issues on my ceramic aftermarket tint.
What's "this stuff"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,032 Posts
Switched to the Perfect Clarity from the Invisible Glass too. The only other one I also keep around is the Sonax Glass Cleaner, and then only for really sticky stuff the kids used to get on the windows. (Did they sit back there in the back and lick them or something?! :mad:)

Now they are college age, so if the muck up the windows they can go clean them up themselves. :p

If you're getting oily residue on the windows on the outside from car washes, road mist, and whatnot....try using P-21S Total Auto Wash first. Does a good job of getting films like that off the car, followed up with a regular car wash. ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
788 Posts
I try various cleaning and detailing products until I find something that works and then usually stick with it. I have used Invisible Glass since the dawn of time, but recently needed something more to get the glass back to what I consider clean. I bought the McKee's 37 total glass car kit. It includes spray cleaner, polish, ceramic coating, cockpit polish and various applicators. The restorer polish works good, cockpit cleaner works good for the inside of the windshield (do not use if you have a tinted windshield), the ceramic coating works good. However, the glass cleaner is way to expensive for how "good" it actually works. I found a new to me product at my local Advance Auto on sale for $5/bottle. It is Meguiars Perfect Clarity glass cleaner. This is by far the best glass cleaner I have ever used, not only for automobile glass, but the wife appreciated my enthusiasm as I tried it out around the house and it performed great everywhere. I fear my stock of Invisible Glass will sit lonely on the shelf for some time, as this is now my go to product for glass cleaning!
When nothing else works on OLD and new glass. Nasty mineral etched stuff = Collonites glass cleaner. Marine grade. Tape your rubber/vinyl well. It can stain bad

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
139 Posts
I try various cleaning and detailing products until I find something that works and then usually stick with it. I have used Invisible Glass since the dawn of time, but recently needed something more to get the glass back to what I consider clean. I bought the McKee's 37 total glass car kit. It includes spray cleaner, polish, ceramic coating, cockpit polish and various applicators. The restorer polish works good, cockpit cleaner works good for the inside of the windshield (do not use if you have a tinted windshield), the ceramic coating works good. However, the glass cleaner is way to expensive for how "good" it actually works. I found a new to me product at my local Advance Auto on sale for $5/bottle. It is Meguiars Perfect Clarity glass cleaner. This is by far the best glass cleaner I have ever used, not only for automobile glass, but the wife appreciated my enthusiasm as I tried it out around the house and it performed great everywhere. I fear my stock of Invisible Glass will sit lonely on the shelf for some time, as this is now my go to product for glass cleaning!
Thank you for posting, I will be buying this product.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
103 Posts
Thanks! Will give it a try... crazy how hard it is just to clean glass!

Ive also found over the years to be careful on which type of detergent you use to clean your towels, and of course not to use dryer sheets.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
66 Posts
Picking up a bottle after work today, I really hope it does the job, my interior windshield is never clean for some reason

·
Retired American Fighting Man
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,704 Posts
A combination of Windex and Vinegar cleans windows well. Even takes off love bugs.

BKuz

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
41 Posts
One problem that has it been mentioned is the condition of the glass prior to cleaning. Use old clay to clean the glasses first. You will usually find that most glass cleaners then work just fine use a microfiber towel to avoid lint. A cheap one will do just fine.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,642 Posts
4C793FC4-784C-4837-A3F5-25F0F93DD590.jpeg
Interesting. I’ll have to check the maguires out at some point... been using this... no streaks or greasy shine and cleans dust off on the dash and upper int. Door sills etc.. product works good for me! turtle wax dash & glass

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
769 Posts
My wife discovered this at Sam's and then when I recently had my Wrangler windshield replaced those guys swore by it. It’s staying in my garage and my wife’s kitchen going forward! My wife also claims their stainless steel cleaner with a microfiber towel works awesome on appliances.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have found that I keep my windows clean...just based on how easy it is to apply and remove...it still works great!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
702 Posts
I am a fan of the Meguires...

Best I've ever used and don't plan to change.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts