SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven months ago I installed a 2.85 pulley, but I want to increase the power and boost , what maximum safety pulley i can install if I run with 93 octane pump gas ? Can i install 2.75 upper and 10% lower with 93 octane? Or it will damage engine ?
please i want now what pulleys i can install gave me more boost with 93 octane
Thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
2.85 upper and 10%od lower ati combo.
That is the best you will get on 93.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
15 psi is about the highest I would recommend for 93 pump gas .
You really have to know what you are doing if you want to run higher and even then it's only a few psi and it can be nerve racking watching it all the time .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
I would do an ati 10%od and pin the crank.
Get a 93 tune and also a race fuel tune.
I think race fuel and a race tune can grab an additional 60hp.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,861 Posts
@Viperhellcat I see you are from Kuwait. Are you part of the Mopar Club there?

Linda :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would do an ati 10%od and pin the crank.
Get a 93 tune and also a race fuel tune.
I think race fuel and a race tune can grab an additional 60hp.
yes i think i will do that
but what dose it mean pin the crank , ever time i hear this word but i do not understand
and when buying 10% lower should buy this piece right ?
thank you

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,376 Posts
yes i think i will do that
but what dose it mean pin the crank , ever time i hear this word but i do not understand
and when buying 10% lower should buy this piece right ?
thank you
That means locking the lower pulley to the crank shaft , by pinning it , so the pulley doesn't spin on the crank & damage the crank. If that happens the crank will need to be replaced or new short block.
The crank should be pinned with any pulley , upper or lower.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That means locking the lower pulley to the crank shaft , by pinning it , so the pulley doesn't spin on the crank & damage the crank. If that happens the crank will need to be replaced or new short block.
The crank should be pinned with any pulley , upper or lower.
I installed 2.85 before seven months age . So should i pin the crank also?!!

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Crank should always be pinned with any pulley upgrade is what I've been told from members and several vendors. Not necessary but recommended.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,376 Posts
Yes , what @Beast707 said , for a small cost , it could save you a big expense & head ache.
Some don't pin the crank with a pulley & get a way with it for a while , & some don't & wish they would have when it's too late. I always side on the side of precaution & peace of mind when modding.
I would say necessary for any pulley & recommended.
But its up to each one on how lucky do you feel ?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
2.85 upper and 10%od lower ati combo.
That is the best you will get on 93.
UNLESS you make the unprecedented and bold move of going with lower-compression pistons or sticking in a bit thicker head gaskets. Since higher boost is technically raising the compression anyway, I don't get why more people don't just go that route. Instead of having to go all crazy with other stuff and exotic 150 octane moon fuel, why not just lower the compression?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
UNLESS you make the unprecedented and bold move of going with lower-compression pistons or sticking in a bit thicker head gaskets. Since higher boost is technically raising the compression anyway, I don't get why more people don't just go that route. Instead of having to go all crazy with other stuff and exotic 150 octane moon fuel, why not just lower the compression?
Lower compression deteriorates low speed driving , idle quality and throttle response .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts