SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
disclaimer - I have terrible ocd . I’m constantly fiddling with my seat and settings to make this the most comfortable , yet ready to go at all times . Lol . I did some
Research and it seems like street setting for suspension and traction is best for being able to hook up on the street at all times. Anyone got any suggestions ? Ps- sorry for all the dumb questions . Y’all can wish me away to the corn fields if you want .. 😎

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
740 Posts
You answered your own question, STREET obviously. Well, maybe VALET since it reduces power.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
108 Posts
In your case since you still have the stock tires, you might as well just leave it in all street mode. It would be the most efficient setting cause the stock tires are holding the car back. Street suspension has better weight transfer for the car to put the power down a little better and street traction has the most traction and stability control but it can only do so much with the crap stock tires. You would have to manage your right foot the best you can to avoid slipping all the time unless you get some stickier rubber to be able to get into the throttle more (no grip no rip).

As for the other two modes…

Sport traction has some stability and less focus on traction control. Track traction is less focused on stability and more emphasis on traction control. Both Sport and Track suspension is stiffer for better cornering but less emphasis in a better launch since there is less weight transfer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
343 Posts
Here is some relevant info on traction and stability controls from one of my earlier posts:

"Traction control" will modulate the torque applied to the rear wheels to keep rear tires from slipping (excessively). This helps keeping the car straight, but that's not the main purpose. Basically, "traction control" doesn't want you to spin tires. It also serves to maximize traction (theoretically, at least).

"Stability control" acts to keep car is pointed according to the steering input by applying different brake efforts to individual wheels (including front wheels) and/or modulating throttle. Basically, stability control doesn't want you to go sideways. If you spin tires, but go straight, the stability control is happy.

The drive modes (set on the screen) in HC can be a bit confusing. The "traction" setting changes both traction and stability controls in a non-trivial (but nicely thought-out) way. Here it is:

1. Traction on "Street": both stability and traction control are at their max.

2. Traction on "Sport": traction control is OFF, stability control is partially engaged. If you want to do burnouts while going somewhat straight, you want this setting. Of course, with the Hellcat torque you can overpower the stability control, but that takes a bit more than a slight tap on the gas pedal. Burnouts, on the other hand, are easy in this mode.

3. Traction on "Track": stability control is almost OFF, but traction control is partially engaged. This is optimized for track; you can go sideways (the engineers expected that you know what you are doing if you engage this mode).

On top of that, in any of the modes above you can completely disable the stability control by pressing the button next to the shifter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts