SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Would like to gather a list of mods yall have done to setup the challenger/charger for 1/2 mile and roll racing (air strip events, ect).
ECU tune and transmission tune?
E85?
Tires/rim combos?
Drive shaft / half shafts?
Nitrous?
transmission brace and billet lower arms?
I want to make around 800 whp

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unless you are 1000hp plus i dont see it being too much of a difference to normal 1/4 mile racing, if anything a little less for keeping parts together.

Lots of ways to get to 800wheel. Obviously you will need a pulley, injectors and tune. Likely no need for axles or driveshaft for roll racing, although I would add a driveshaft to the long term list, as well as diff brace.

Wheels and tires you will just want to make sure you have something light and tires that are rated for the speeds you will be hitting.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
709 Posts
I’m at 820 in my RedEye and am on 93. I’ve only done a 1/2 mile once and plan to do more. The biggest problem I had was tires. I thought 555 G2 315s would help and I was spinning half way down!! Next time I’ll be trying a different setup. I do have the DIRS brace but didn’t change driveshaft.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
985 Posts
The only tires are gonna be the new Nitto 555RII or Toyo R888R. I dont recall the speed rating of the NT05s, so maybe these too.
Youll most likely have to remove the cats, at that distance WOT youll melt em.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
46 Posts
Toyo 888, driveshaft (just in case) , 2.75 or smaller upper pulley/10% lower /1050 ID injectors, and tune For race gas.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
879 Posts
Toyo 888, driveshaft (just in case) , 2.75 or smaller upper pulley/10% lower /1050 ID injectors, and tune For race gas.
I wouldn't think those tires would be good for the power that set up would make? I made 895hp/933tq and they wouldn't hook at any gear under 4th. I would assume the set up you posted would make close to the same power as mine

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
46 Posts
I personally swap to skinnies and 17 MTs and only run digs. The Toyo’s aren’t bad for high performance style driving... but that set up is on the high side if he’s looking for 800.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m at 820 in my RedEye and am on 93. I’ve only done a 1/2 mile once and plan to do more. The biggest problem I had was tires. I thought 555 G2 315s would help and I was spinning half way down!! Next time I’ll be trying a different setup. I do have the DIRS brace but didn’t change driveshaft.
The G2 are pretty bad for that type of use.
that would be so far over 800! im at 2.72, 10% and catless e85 nearly 1000 wheel

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ugh, i have g2s on my car now, fine for street and taking it to buttonwillow for a track day, hoping not to make a complete fool of my self.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
709 Posts
Ugh, i have g2s on my car now, fine for street and taking it to buttonwillow for a track day, hoping not to make a complete fool of my self.
Good luck...all I can say is don't juice it too much early. Again, good luck.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The only tires are gonna be the new Nitto 555RII or Toyo R888R. I dont recall the speed rating of the NT05s, so maybe these too.
Youll most likely have to remove the cats, at that distance WOT youll melt em.
yes, having a spherical melted wad of what was once catalyst rattling around in a now under-occupied converter shell is not a mod high on people's list of hop-ups. I've actually seen a video of a catalytic converter opened up and inside was this round honeycomb ball that was once the catalyst matrix. It was kind of funny.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes, having a spherical melted wad of what was once catalyst rattling around in a now under-occupied converter shell is not a mod high on people's list of hop-ups. I've actually seen a video of a catalytic converter opened up and inside was this round honeycomb ball that was once the catalyst matrix. It was kind of funny.
Something like this,,,,,

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
644 Posts
Is there any consensus on when the cats should be removed? I have heard stock are better than “high flow” ones being sold. Im at 825 and still have mine. Im on corn so wouldnt be as big of deal but not sure about inspection time. Im in Texas so not sure how strict they are here. I think they just look for codes but not positive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts